• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd #4595 FINALLY!

silver rocket

Hard-core CEG'er
So i took my SVT to a "dyno day" at my local performance shop and for $50 i had 3 pulls.
I am a little sad to say i am not putting down much more than stock..
I have 2 videos that photobucket is uploading and i will post them here when their done.

IMG_20110409_110941.jpg

IMG_20110409_110929.jpg

Best run was 187.82 Horse power to the wheels.
And 177.25 torque to the wheels.

This is my mod list;
3L hybrid, with receipts for a "built" motor. Klevite bearings, K1 *fades into receipt*
65MM mustang TB
RB y pipe and decat pipe
My custom exhaust dump
8.2MM taylors
NPG cold air intake
175* thermostat

That is all i can think of for power. And honestly, when i put on my RB y pipe and decat pipe it felt like it didn't pull as hard as before??

The main factors that i know of for such low power is i have a REALLY REALLY BAD vacuum leak on my TB that i didn't fix and stock tune.

But i keep up with stock SRT 4's and beat cobalt SS's??

Edit; He told me he pulled it in 4th for reasons unknown to me.

pretty weak, thats like 215 at the crank, which id expect a 2.5 to pull with those mods...

and 4th gear dyno pull is normal. that gear is a 1:1 ratio or closest to it.

:ponder:

So,
187 hp
177 tq

That is kind of low.....

That's really low:cry:. I am hoping that with my vacuum leak being fixed it will pull a little harder. If not i will be reinstalling my stock y pipe, cat and stock SVT catback and see if what i am losing with that exhaust setup.

pretty weak, thats like 215 at the crank, which id expect a 2.5 to pull with those mods...

and 4th gear dyno pull is normal. that gear is a 1:1 ratio or closest to it.

I would expect a little more than that with a 2.5.
Is there anyway for 100% no doubt find some numbers on the block or something and confirm a 3.0 or a 2.5? I have had one other CEGer drive my SVT and he said he couldn't really tell..

Would my exhaust setup cause that much of a dip in my performance? I was told that with my new y pipe and decat pipe my curves probably changed causing me to think it was pulling weaker.

And what you said about the 4th gear being closest to 1:1 ratio makes sense.
This was also on a Dynojet, could that have any error in its reading?

I'm pretty sure I had mine done on a dyno jet, as well. I made 192 whp and 194 wtq.

That was with a full 3 liter, sho shop y pipe, resonator delete, open element air filter and wires. And that's with no tune and bad ignition; spark plugs needed to be changed.

a. get a tune!
b. you have no back pressure and therefore are loosing alot of power, so put an actual exhaust on.
c. fix your vaccume leak.
after all this i think you should easily see 200 hp.

Yea i would put a high flow cat and high flow resonator and at least one exhaust at the end. Running a straight pipe on anything is never good for getting the right amount of power thru all rpm ranges.

Ok, I fixed the vacuum leak and instantly felt more power because of how back it was.
And I put back on my stock svt catback as that striaght pipe was way to loud, and I felt a little more power in the upper rpm range but less of a pull down low.
So sometime soon I am going to take it to my exhaust shop and have them weld on my magnaflow res and ditch the pos stock one to free up some more hp.
I also emailed npg about a tune on Friday but have gotten nothing in return so far.

Last edited:
Yeah... a tune should really clean up that dip at 3,000 - 3,800 rpm too!

Whoa.. I didn't even realize that i had that much of a dip!
I got an email back from Joey at NPG and he gave me the price/how to get it tuned. But at the same place i had my SVT dyno'd i can get it tuned with a XCal3, and the guy does Fords for his job for only $430 and that's no hassle on my part to go driving around. So i am seeing what my funds look like and i should have it tuned by June.

make sure everything is 100% prefect mechanically first.

As of right now, the only thing my SVT needs is some leaks fixed for the cooling system.
On the next dyno day that place has, i will get it re-dyno'd and as it is now, and then put on my dump exhaust back on and go back to see what actual numbers i am losing with it.
It is loud with that dump but it sounds nice, so if i don't lose anymore than 2-5WHP with it, i am going to keep it on and put my magnaflow resonator on it.

Back