Dyno'd #4595 FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno'd #4595 FINALLY!

So i took my SVT to a "dyno day" at my local performance shop and for $50 i had 3 pulls.
    I am a little sad to say i am not putting down much more than stock..
    I have 2 videos that photobucket is uploading and i will post them here when their done.

Best run was 187.82 Horse power to the wheels.
    And 177.25 torque to the wheels.

This is my mod list;
    3L hybrid, with receipts for a "built" motor. Klevite bearings, K1 *fades into receipt*
    65MM mustang TB
    RB y pipe and decat pipe
    My custom exhaust dump
    8.2MM taylors
    NPG cold air intake
    175* thermostat

That is all i can think of for power. And honestly, when i put on my RB y pipe and decat pipe it felt like it didn't pull as hard as before??

The main factors that i know of for such low power is i have a REALLY REALLY BAD vacuum leak on my TB that i didn't fix and stock tune.

But i keep up with stock SRT 4's and beat cobalt SS's??

Edit; He told me he pulled it in 4th for reasons unknown to me.
    Contour SE Totalled On 5/18/10.
    SVT 98.5 4595 Black/MNB 3L Hybrid
    SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Here are 2 out of 3 dyno runs.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=DSCN0108.mp4

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=DSCN0107.mp4
    SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

So,
      187 hp
      177 tq

That is kind of low.....
      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

pretty weak, thats like 215 at the crank, which id expect a 2.5 to pull with those mods...

and 4th gear dyno pull is normal. that gear is a 1:1 ratio or closest to it.
        Andrew

T-red/MNB "The Wizard" 1998.5 CSVT #5314 128,000mi

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post

So,
          187 hp
          177 tq

That is kind of low.....
          That's really low. I am hoping that with my vacuum leak being fixed it will pull a little harder. If not i will be reinstalling my stock y pipe, cat and stock SVT catback and see if what i am losing with that exhaust setup.

Originally posted by mnewxcv View Post
          pretty weak, thats like 215 at the crank, which id expect a 2.5 to pull with those mods...

and 4th gear dyno pull is normal. that gear is a 1:1 ratio or closest to it.
          I would expect a little more than that with a 2.5.
          Is there anyway for 100% no doubt find some numbers on the block or something and confirm a 3.0 or a 2.5? I have had one other CEGer drive my SVT and he said he couldn't really tell..

Would my exhaust setup cause that much of a dip in my performance? I was told that with my new y pipe and decat pipe my curves probably changed causing me to think it was pulling weaker.

And what you said about the 4th gear being closest to 1:1 ratio makes sense.
          This was also on a Dynojet, could that have any error in its reading?
          SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I had mine done on a dyno jet, as well. I made 192 whp and 194 wtq.

That was with a full 3 liter, sho shop y pipe, resonator delete, open element air filter and wires. And that's with no tune and bad ignition; spark plugs needed to be changed.
            Mikey
            1999 SVT #0604

Comment

a. get a tune!
              b. you have no back pressure and therefore are loosing alot of power, so put an actual exhaust on.
              c. fix your vaccume leak.
              after all this i think you should easily see 200 hp.

Comment

Yea i would put a high flow cat and high flow resonator and at least one exhaust at the end. Running a straight pipe on anything is never good for getting the right amount of power thru all rpm ranges.
                99 Svt silverfrost- Custom Procharger 8psi
                98.5 Svt silverfrost- 3L daily driver
                95 SE- RIP 12/13

Comment

Ok, I fixed the vacuum leak and instantly felt more power because of how back it was.
                  And I put back on my stock svt catback as that striaght pipe was way to loud, and I felt a little more power in the upper rpm range but less of a pull down low.
                  So sometime soon I am going to take it to my exhaust shop and have them weld on my magnaflow res and ditch the pos stock one to free up some more hp.
                  I also emailed npg about a tune on Friday but have gotten nothing in return so far.
                  SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

its possible that the dyno reads low. we had a bunch of 3L cars on the dyno a few years ago. The basic ported 3L with on open element filter, stock exhaust w/optimized y-pipe and MSDS headers, put down similar numbers.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...ance&highlight=

have to make sure it running well and go from there. A tune is always a good thing.
                    Last edited by BrApple; 04-11-2011, 08:38 AM.
                    - 12 Focus SE
                    - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                    - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

Yeah... a tune should really clean up that dip at 3,000 - 3,800 rpm too!
                      morbid
                      2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
                      2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
                      3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
                      car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

Originally posted by morbid View Post
                        Yeah... a tune should really clean up that dip at 3,000 - 3,800 rpm too!

Whoa.. I didn't even realize that i had that much of a dip!
                        I got an email back from Joey at NPG and he gave me the price/how to get it tuned. But at the same place i had my SVT dyno'd i can get it tuned with a XCal3, and the guy does Fords for his job for only $430 and that's no hassle on my part to go driving around. So i am seeing what my funds look like and i should have it tuned by June.
                        SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

make sure everything is 100% prefect mechanically first.
                          - 12 Focus SE
                          - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                          - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                            make sure everything is 100% prefect mechanically first.
                            As of right now, the only thing my SVT needs is some leaks fixed for the cooling system.
                            On the next dyno day that place has, i will get it re-dyno'd and as it is now, and then put on my dump exhaust back on and go back to see what actual numbers i am losing with it.
                            It is loud with that dump but it sounds nice, so if i don't lose anymore than 2-5WHP with it, i am going to keep it on and put my magnaflow resonator on it.
                            SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

Working...
                            X