• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fresh off the Dyno

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
181 HP with 65mm TB 6206 RPM
176 Tq

183 HP with 60mm TB 62o6 RPM
185 Tq

230.9 HP with 75hp shot of Nitrous
252.3 Tq

The 65mm TB would have done better with better flowing exhaust system.
The nitrous run was with 3 degrees of timing pulled. It would do better with more timing but he said this was a safe tune, but he left the program open.

These:

183 HP with 60mm TB 62o6 RPM
185 Tq

are kind of ••••ty numbers :confused:. Why so low?

Stock exhaust might be doing it for ya.

Mine:
Ported 2005 Taurus
SVT UIM
SVT TB
Cone intake
SVT acordian tube
Pudmunkie heatshield
MSDS
Stock Y
Stock exhaust with magnaflow resonator and mufflers
'95 SE LIM
17# injectors
No tune

190 HP
193 TQ

Very interesting find about the Mustang TB.. Did the dyno dude tell you the mustang would do better with a better exhaust?

I think you said you have Gutted precats right? do you have a ypipe? or deleted resonator?

Don't know but my numbers seem to be average. Maybe it was because it was on a Mustang dyno? Maybe its cause I have stock manifolds? I like my NOS numbers though. Maybe when I sell my Impala I'll buy the turbo kit. Then again I'll sell it by then and buy the STR 8 Jeep :crazy:

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come off as bashing it. I just know all the work that has been done, but I guess the stock manifolds, Y-pipe, and stock exhaust could kill that much HP pretty easily.

The NOS brought your HP up about 50 and your TQ about 75.

I have no cats and i don't rasp :)

I have Weapon R headers/ Sho shop catless y to borla catback... And i went from a svt TB to a Mustang TB and swear i lost power... i also ported my upper but... hmm. Maybe i need to make them truduals

No, I did'nt take it that way at all. I'm just throwing out points. I do like the SRT8 jeep :). Man If I sold both the Tour and the Impala....dude.

I would think you made power. I only lost 2 hp with the 65mm. I'm going to put it on the self for now. I'd like to hear yours. If your doesnt maybe I'll go with your setup.
Yeah, I do have alot of work in mine but I know what it is. I'm happy with the results. There were a few things he noticed like ping at the top end. So he brought timing down. He asked if I ran 93 octane. I do. He left the tuner open to play around if I want to run race gas. I won't. LOL.

Well i lost something from it... you lost almost 10 tq! I need to have a few other things done before i will take it off and put on a different so there's still hope.

Here you go.

Yeah having all stock components on the exhaust side will make the numbers that low, even for a mustang dyno. As long as you have a fairly decent sized resonator with the headers, you won't have any rasp.

60mm vs 65mm
dyno_1.jpg

65mm
dyno_4.jpg

60mm
dyno_3.jpg

NOS
dyno_2.jpg

those numbers seem right for a untuned 3L with stock exhaust and an intake.

also in general people bump up mustang dyno numbers 10%, iirc, to make them more comparible to dyno jet numbers

I agree, with the stock exhaust the numbers seem correct. I too would sacrafice some HP for a "NO RASP" exhaust setup and a squirt from the bottle to man-up to the "go" factor. I want a 50 shot!

Back