• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh well

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
Well, heres whats been done to my car:
3L
SVT uppers
Short ram intake
K&N
Gutted 3rd cat
65mm TB
Terry Tranny 3.84 gears
Torsen
Spec II clutch
Thundervolts
Iriduim Plugs
No tune

I went down to 66 Raceway tonight to see what she could do. I wanted a baseline before tuesdays tune.

First try launched at 2500rpm spun 1st. Tried second,, spun that, then short shifted into 4th. Talk about a bad run. She did a 15.7 at 92MPH 2.5 60'.

Second try, launched at 1500rpm almost stalled it. Shifted at 6500 rpm. 15.9 at 90mph 2.8 60'.

Maybe its the 18" wheels that are hurting my launch. Ever since I installed the 65mm TB I feel as if it has lost some power. I'm hoping the tune will help that. Going to bring the 60mm TB with when I have to dyno'ed to see if it really helping or making matters worse.

i ran 14.3 in south bend last year with my full oval 3L, 65mm tb, torsen and stock gears and heavy arse 18"s. I chirped 1st, 2nd, and 3rd once. the track wasnt prepped very well

Thats what my stock Gen II SHO ran with just a panel K&N filter, I miss that car. To be honest if my SVT can't run faster then a mid 14 it's up for sale. Also, come to find out that I cant run my nitrous with out a firejacket, blow down tube, and helmet. Err at least i have a helmet.

Toyo Proxes 4, they were'nt cheap. Only about 2k miles old. I just need to find its sweet spot. The SHO was around 2300 on a warm day with an open diff. I thought I'd be able to launch at 2500 with a Torsen. I was worng.

-Filled Roll resistor
-Energy suspension front mount inserts
-Eibach Pro lowering springs
-Stock SVT struts
I think the track was too cold.

did you try rolling into the gas, instead of just dropping the hammer on it? you might have to feather it a little bit to get it going.

I needed a few more runs. It was really test and tune for the qualifing the Pinks Show thats going to be held there. I was running next to 9 second cars LOL. Talk about looks. I was the only FWD car there. Ahh who cares at least I made a couple of runs.

Thanks???

his clutch was slipping really bad and he shut down in that run. he actually got me by .01 sec for FTD out of our group

You need tires designed for the drag strip. Those tires have no give, great for corners probably but not the drag strip. Drag Radials will go along way.

I see quite a few fwd cars at the track and they have control arm limiters which stop the front end from lifting on the launch. At NHRA events the fwd class cars also have much smaller front wheels than the rear to limit lift and weight transfer.

I feel your pain, my car spins through 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd on handling tires. 14.6 at 107 mph.

Do you have the battery in the back or front?

i did that on my street tires, i dont care if i ever get the car to the strip again. there are more fun ways to race

found the rest of my times, dont have the speed though
.297 reaction
2.336 60 ft
6.296 330 ft
9.537 1/8th

It's still in the front. More weight over the front tires. I reaaly think its breaking up mid throttle. I feels like theres plenty of engine left but it hits the rev limiter. On wednesday it gets tuned.
At the dyno I will be swapping TBs to see if the 65mm is right for my setup.

It's still in the front. More weight over the front tires. I reaaly think its breaking up mid throttle. I feels like theres plenty of engine left but it hits the rev limiter. On wednesday it gets tuned.
At the dyno I will be swapping TBs to see if the 65mm is right for my setup.
let us know the results im interested to see whats better i have th 65tb install on mine as well

Here are my times at GLD last night. Still having wheel hop issuses.
First run/ Second Run/ Third NOS run
R/T .815/ .447/ .674
60' 2.407/ .2.414/ 2.393
1/4 15.242/ 15.285/ 14.732
MPH 92.30 / 93.13/ 93.50

I think I let off too soon on the nitrous run.
Those numbers will come down. The car felt a hell of alot better with the new tune :). Shifting was great! Like glass. I must have to thank Terry for that. Next time..power shifting :).

In regards to 95_Mystique's post.

+1. This is called pre-staging. You want to hit the gas right when the last yellow light comes on. You want to have a rolling start before the clock starts.

You never want to deep stage as you will get a slower time.

BTW OP, what gas are you running?

In regards to 95_Mystique's post.

+1. This is called pre-staging. You want to hit the gas right when the last yellow light comes on. You want to have a rolling start before the clock starts.

You never want to deep stage as you will get a slower time.

BTW OP, what gas are you running?

It doesnt matter when you hit the gas, the clock doesnt start until you move past the staging lights. If you deep stage, then you might lose 1-2 tenths off your e.t.

Back