Gutted 3rd cat
    65mm TB
    Terry Tranny 3.84 gears
    Torsen
    Spec II clutch
    Thundervolts
    Iriduim Plugs
    No tune

I went down to 66 Raceway tonight to see what she could do. I wanted a baseline before tuesdays tune.

First try launched at 2500rpm spun 1st. Tried second,, spun that, then short shifted into 4th. Talk about a bad run. She did a 15.7 at 92MPH 2.5 60'.

Second try, launched at 1500rpm almost stalled it. Shifted at 6500 rpm. 15.9 at 90mph 2.8 60'.

Maybe its the 18" wheels that are hurting my launch. Ever since I installed the 65mm TB I feel as if it has lost some power. I'm hoping the tune will help that. Going to bring the 60mm TB with when I have to dyno'ed to see if it really helping or making matters worse.
    00 TR CSVT One modded son of a....hush your mouth! Sold to a good home, fat SUV took its place
    Build thread:
    http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...-up&highlight=
    Modded 93 Lightning, 96 SHO (DD)

i ran 14.3 in south bend last year with my full oval 3L, 65mm tb, torsen and stock gears and heavy arse 18"s. I chirped 1st, 2nd, and 3rd once. the track wasnt prepped very well
    2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
    1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
    2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
    '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

Really, what was your trap speed? Was yours tuned?
      00 TR CSVT One modded son of a....hush your mouth! Sold to a good home, fat SUV took its place
      Build thread:

Comment

it was tuned, I looked at my video and it was a 14.73 sorry, 94 mph

Comment

Thats what my stock Gen II SHO ran with just a panel K&N filter, I miss that car. To be honest if my SVT can't run faster then a mid 14 it's up for sale. Also, come to find out that I cant run my nitrous with out a firejacket, blow down tube, and helmet. Err at least i have a helmet.
          Build thread:

Comment

Maybe your tires just suck .
            Alex - Troll: '11 Mazda 2 GX w/ Convenience pkg Liquid Silver. (Fog's, Alum. Pedals, Rear Spoiler) Low, slow, loud...

Comment

Toyo Proxes 4, they were'nt cheap. Only about 2k miles old. I just need to find its sweet spot. The SHO was around 2300 on a warm day with an open diff. I thought I'd be able to launch at 2500 with a Torsen. I was worng.
              Build thread:

Comment

What do you have for suspension? Roll Resistors?
                '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

-Filled Roll resistor
                  -Energy suspension front mount inserts
                  -Eibach Pro lowering springs
                  -Stock SVT struts
                  I think the track was too cold.
                  Build thread:

Comment

did you try rolling into the gas, instead of just dropping the hammer on it? you might have to feather it a little bit to get it going.
                    00 Contour SVT #1914 BLK/PT
                    3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Comment

I needed a few more runs. It was really test and tune for the qualifing the Pinks Show thats going to be held there. I was running next to 9 second cars LOL. Talk about looks. I was the only FWD car there. Ahh who cares at least I made a couple of runs.
                      Build thread:

Comment

jaged...... thank you for spanking dom. i love you. :D
                        R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Comment

Thanks???

his clutch was slipping really bad and he shut down in that run. he actually got me by .01 sec for FTD out of our group

Comment

You need tires designed for the drag strip. Those tires have no give, great for corners probably but not the drag strip. Drag Radials will go along way.

I see quite a few fwd cars at the track and they have control arm limiters which stop the front end from lifting on the launch. At NHRA events the fwd class cars also have much smaller front wheels than the rear to limit lift and weight transfer.

I feel your pain, my car spins through 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd on handling tires. 14.6 at 107 mph.

Do you have the battery in the back or front?
                            Don Higgins
                            Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
                            http://www.crewchiefpro.com
                            1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

i did that on my street tires, i dont care if i ever get the car to the strip again. there are more fun ways to race

found the rest of my times, dont have the speed though
                              .297 reaction
                              2.336 60 ft
                              6.296 330 ft
                              9.537 1/8th

Comment

Working...
                              X