• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/8 mile times vs 1/4 mile

joelechten

CEG'er
My brother had taken his car last week to a local 1/8 mile track and ran a 9.5 @ 89mph with no traction. Once I can find a 1/4 mile track near him (southern Indiana) and can get some traction what should he be running? I have never dealt with 1/8 mile tracks before. Thanks

o ya here is a video vs a modded 96 supra twin turbo

unfortunatly there are no 1/4 mile tracks in the Kentuckiana area. the closest one i know of would be beach bend park down in bowling green. i would think there would be one up near Indy but idk.

as for 1/4 mile times derived from 1/8th mile times, take a look at this. its not perfect but its a pretty good estimate.

9.5 1/8th = 14.82 1/4

I think he said he's got a set of slicks he's going to try on it this week. So hopefully some better times later this week.

I saw this online a couple of weeks ago...(1/8th mile time)*1.57=1/4 mile time...I havent really checked into it, but it should get you some idea..

9.5*1.57=14.9 But judging by the trap speed, he should be a lot quicker than that//

There is O'reilly Raceway Park http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ which is a 1/4 mile track right outside of Inianapoles..I dont know if that is what you were looking for, the next closest one would be Bowling Green, Kentucky http://www.beechbend.com/Dragstrip.htm

Hope that helps...:shrug:

I trapped about 90 in the quarter-mile, running a low 15.

My 8th mile was basically 10 seconds flat at 72 mph.

What mods are done? that is a HUGE 1/8th mph if its NA.
Also, that conversion is about right, but less accurate for slow launching FWDs from the reading I've done.
-J

Not sure I am buying that 89 mph claim. Infact, I am going to have to call BS. Especially from a N/A 3L. To run that kind of mph in the 1/8 at lets just say 3,200 lbs, you would need over 300 whp. For comparison sake, my last DD Mustang ran 7.60's @ 89-90 mph 1/8 (obviously with a much better 60'), made 312 rwhp, and weighed 3,100 lbs with me which equated to 12.0's @ 112 mph 1/4.

Your numbers just don't add up with the mods you have listed. If he did run 89 mph, why does the woman on the intercom in the video say 10.2 @ 71 mph? Even if the mph you posted wasn't from the pass on the video, how did he pick up 18 mph between passes?

That Supra wasnt very fast for a modded twin turbo...I think it said like 9.79...:shrug: My dads Mark VIII has gone 9.75..

And it said that the Contour went 10.25 at 71 mph...my completely stock CSVT has gone 10.14 and runs in the 10.20's pretty consistantly..

Back