• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11.5 second Contour SE

waves360

CEG'er
I Was trying to sell my car on craigslist and some guy called and started yapping about his custom work he said he had a 1998 tour atx with an 2.5 it had a 10:1 compression ratio completely gutted out custom built trans by roush he said it was a complete sleeper stock 2.5 with rollers naturally aspirated and he said he beat 03 cobras with it and the good part was when he said it ran close to 11.5 without slicks. what do you think.

I Was trying to sell my car on craigslist and some guy called and started yapping about his custom work he said he had a 1998 tour atx with an 2.5 it had a 10:1 compression ratio completely gutted out custom built trans by roush he said it was a complete sleeper stock 2.5 with rollers naturally aspirated and he said he beat 03 cobras with it and the good part was when he said it ran close to 11.5 without slicks. what do you think.

Not a prayer!

honstly bro no lie im not post whoring it may seem like it i got chewed out today buy the moderator for it but ill give you his number he said he does alot of custom work including a saturn with the engine in the rear honestly no lie

You post up that number and let me know what time zone he's in...

hes in Michigan i believe he said canton and he works out his garage ask about his custom saturn he just did and his very fast sleeper contour with the 10:1 compression ratio

actually he said 12.1:1 and it runs mid 11's

1734-658-8888 his name is Mark

like i said i would like to believe this guy but i just cant then i figured we got a guy who ran 13.4 in the quarter mile N A full weight he got work done to the motor but he say his car is gutted on the inside that would make it faster but not 11.5 thats crazy but im just going by what he said the number is there your more then welcome to call him

remember some of the BS people say, over the phone, internet or in person about there car(s). people love making up stuff no matter how impossible it may seem. i am not saying this guy didn't tell you this stuff. but some people just need to lie to make them selfs feel better. why? i don't know, i don't think i ever will.

but above all a n/a 2.5L contour on street tires or slicks its just not gunna happen. maybe if it was dropped from a helicopter and hit the ground.

He must mean 1/8th mile. :rolleyes:

No way an 2.5L SE naturally aspirated with compression less than stock svts is hitting 11s, or 12s, or 13s on street tires.

I'd like to see that. I cant understand dragging these cars anyway. They handle great. I can see auto crossing them. If you wanna drag, get a car twice as fast for the same or lees money to get there.

nope he said qaurter mile i posted his number up you can call and ask to get work done to your car then ask about his super fast contour he will tell you he claims to have pictures

on this same note, i ran into some guy at the bar a few weeks ago who claimed to be a master mechanic and owned his own shop. he told me that for 2 grand he could have my SVT running 9's. just proves that anyone can say anything they want, doesn't make it true.

oh ya, also told me he'd hook me up and change the timing belt in my lex for only $700! what a deal, haha.

on this same note, i ran into some guy at the bar a few weeks ago who claimed to be a master mechanic and owned his own shop. he told me that for 2 grand he could have my SVT running 9's. just proves that anyone can say anything they want, doesn't make it true.

oh ya, also told me he'd hook me up and change the timing belt in my lex for only $700! what a deal, haha.

Then you should have asked him for only $1300 more could he have your lexus hitting 9's as well?

Back