• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

Is there still such a thing as a stock STI?

An '05-'06 STI will be my next car after the Lightning is payed off.

I've been trying to decide between an '03-'04 Cobra and an STI.

My 3.0L was loads faster than my WRX....more fun threw the corners as well....and didn't seem as cheaply built.

Cant beat a Terminator...

Not in a straight line anyway. I like the STI because I can drive it all year round and through the Maine winter. I also autocross a lot during the summer so I think an STI would be the more practical of the two options.

Stock Cobras seem to run a high 12's or low 13's.

Stock STI's seem to be in the mid 13's.

isnt it like 600-650whp?:laugh: even then though lol. I told myself if im ever going to make payments on a car it would be a terminator hands down.

nvm rods and piston good for roughly 700whp block for 1500; jesus !

Assuming, that all drivers are at equal, and perform at equal at driving the cars, how would the turbo CSVT's hang with the stock STI?

two words....

I win :laugh:

Hmmm....3L turbo against a stock STI wins only from a roll. A 3L turbo against my WRX....not a chance from a roll or from a dig :) ask me how I know....and yes...I'm braggin a little....

three words...

I still win :laugh:

EDIT: when it finally moves under it's own power anyway

two words....

I win :laugh:

three words...

I still win :laugh:

EDIT: when it finally moves under it's own power anyway

Perhaps....but then again, it might be too late to play catch up, because I'll already be across the finish line. :laugh:

Great effort on the bajillion dollar build though...I hope you are researching ways to get that power to the ground.

Perhaps....but then again, it might be too late to play catch up, because I'll already be across the finish line. :laugh:

Great effort on the bajillion dollar build though...I hope you are researching ways to get that power to the ground.

I almost think his contour will be powerful enough to grab the road and pull it to his car. No need to go anywhere, just needs to pull stuff to him! :laugh:

seems like a few of the guys on here are also into those scrappity subarus~ just sold my 08 sti a couple months ago and i've been on the modding rampage with the csvt giving it everything it never got =)

seems like a few of the guys on here are also into those scrappity subarus~ just sold my 08 sti a couple months ago and i've been on the modding rampage with the csvt giving it everything it never got =)

My next ride will be a 05-06 STI. White w/ gold rims. :drool:

Back