• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3L

svttour

Rico Suave
Ok guys there was a dyno day today at a shop nearby for I was able to get a few pulls in. I wasnt able to drive my own car but I told the guy to pull in 4th. The first run he pulled in 3rd even though I told him 4th. numbers were 194.1 fwhp and 177tq. A/F was at 13.8 almost all the way through. The guy messed with my apexi a little and once again the 2nd run he pulled in 3rd. Those numbers were alot lower werent even recorded but the guy said the A/F was at 12.9. He then says oh you want the pulls in 4th. I say yes but since hes already been messing with the apexi for pulls in 3rd then I said just go ahead and do 3rd. So the last run he pulled in 4th lol. That one was 189fwhp or something like that but with the apexi calibrated already to correct for 3rd gear pulls... So I have to wait and get some dyno time in and a tune from Tom. I also need to install my turbo and get those numbers :). I need your opinions and comments did I dyno lower than expected or were they average numbers... mods are as follows

3L with 3L kinger PnP N/A cut heads with st200 valve springs, SVT cams, SVT LIM, SVT UIM, SVT ported TB, K&N 9" intake, MSDS headers, trubenz 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow mufflers.

I am not really dissapointed but I was expecting something in the 205-215 range. I need to scan the dyno sheet so you Dyno gurus can tell me where I can improve power.

sounds like you need some timing adjustments to get your power where you need it. also, your car should run richer than 13.2 or w/e you were running. my car with the SAFC ran significantly better at 12.2:1 at WOT than at 13.0:1. if you time the car to run at that air/fuel, it should make good torque too.

sounds like you need some timing adjustments to get your power where you need it. also, your car should run richer than 13.2 or w/e you were running. my car with the SAFC ran significantly better at 12.2:1 at WOT than at 13.0:1. if you time the car to run at that air/fuel, it should make good torque too.

12:1 for an N/A motor is overkill. That is what us boosted guys have as a target a/f/r. 13:1 is great for an N/A 3L.

12:1 for an N/A motor is overkill. That is what us boosted guys have as a target a/f/r. 13:1 is great for an N/A 3L.

This is true, 13.5 is supposed is on the lean end good for maximum tq. I also think the apexi is hurting your performance honestly. Id be willing to bet you'd pull better numbers by un-installing it.

with the PnP heads I would think you should be eclipsing 200....

I am going to say the same thing ive said in everyone one of these threads..

GET A DYNO TUNE.

Have the timing Adjusted and fuel adjusted accordingly.
Look for the dyno sheets ive posted.

All of our cars gained 50+ HP and 50+ Tq from 1500-3750 RPM'S!

This is true, 13.5 is supposed is on the lean end good for maximum tq. I also think the apexi is hurting your performance honestly. Id be willing to bet you'd pull better numbers by un-installing it.

with the PnP heads I would think you should be eclipsing 200....

that run was the first run with the apexi untouched. Also i noticed my hp curve isnt smooth at al and drops at 4500 and slowly climbs again this must be something that needs to be addressed. I am looking for a scanner.

Id say about 90% of shops do the pulls for you. Only time Ive been able to do my own pull was at SZ 02. Then again, they didnt have a tail pipe sniffer either.

same at SZ07. I was like wtf is this now??

was kinda not comfortable doing it, but once the first one was over, it wasn't so bad.

same at SZ07. I was like wtf is this now??

was kinda not comfortable doing it, but once the first one was over, it wasn't so bad.

If you're just doing a basic dyno pull the operator almost always runs your car. At least thats how it is at all the shops I've been to around here.

that run was the first run with the apexi untouched. Also i noticed my hp curve isnt smooth at al and drops at 4500 and slowly climbs again this must be something that needs to be addressed. I am looking for a scanner.

If you need a scanner my xcal2 is for sale. Just get some tunes from Warmonger. He did a really good job with my tuning. You might as well spend the money to get the most power out of the stuff you have put into that car.

If you need a scanner my xcal2 is for sale. Just get some tunes from Warmonger. He did a really good job with my tuning. You might as well spend the money to get the most power out of the stuff you have put into that car.

What I meant was that I was looking for a scanner to scan my dyno sheet. I have an XCAL 2 already. just need to reset it and get a tune.

I'd be disapointed with those numbers - I'm expecting to score higher then that with a straight 3L. I'm sure you will reach much closer to your goal when everthing is configured correctly. Good luck - dyno tunes are the way to go - probably the best way to match the tune to your car.

Back