• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

7th annual Fall Dragon Run (Tenn/N.C.)

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
We're having our 7th annual Fall Dragon run on Oct 1st thru the 4th. Most of use the Thursday as a travel day, as well as Sunday to head home. The thread is over in the southeastern forum http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=45965, thumbtacked, along with a cabin info ONLY thread where you confirm your cabin reservations. This is a pretty laid back weekend that is basically an extened meet. There is NO fee, the only things you pay for are your lodging, food, gas, etc. Basically this is what we do...

1. wake up and have a great breakfast
2. head out on the Cherahola Skyway, stop along the way and take pics
3. continue to the Dragon and enjoy the roads respectfully
4. stop at the end of it and hang out and get a breather.
5. head back the same way w/o stopping
6. stop and have a great dinner
7. get back to the cabin, make a campfire and hangout and BS!

We're going to be running the Devils Triangle for the first time this year too, more than likely on Friday morning/afternoon and then heading out to the Dragon too. We will also organize a group that wants to head out at night time too. Follow our thread and/or read it to get the most up to date info. This is well thought out and organized already and any questions can be asked on the thread or drop me a PM, thanks:cool:

The more people the better guys. i live right in the middle of all of the sweetest roads around here and I go all the time. It seriously never gets old!

Considering it has a redirect link to the original thread I don't think it'll get a great deal of responses. Now when you do it next year and use this section and the main place for it I think it will be a different story.

oh yeah, FWIW... I added this to the event section on the CEG facebook page.
Mark

Considering it has a redirect link to the original thread I don't think it'll get a great deal of responses. Now when you do it next year and use this section and the main place for it I think it will be a different story.

Mark
Thanks a lot Mark!:cool:

Mark

Thanks Mark and honestly, I thought I'd post it over here for even more exposure, even though it doesn't exactly need it, but why not:shrug: I'm sure we'll keep it in the southeastern forums as that's where its been for years and I'm pretty sure this run has gotten a good reputation as being a CEG staple, one of those meets/runs that happens every year, is well planned out and attended for what it is. I see one day the entire cabin area taken over by the CEG and its friends, we're half way there this year:cool:

One of these days I'll be able to make it, just has been in the cards this year or in years past

hmmm quite a drive... but I wonder. I might just head out that way if my car is finished. I'd want to get some miles on it before I drive that far though.

We're looking at about 15 cars for this, the largest get together to date, can't wait and there are still 26 days to go, come on out with us:shrug:

one week to go, come join the second longest running ceg meet next to sz! And the best part, no fee to join, spend $$$ at your own rate, a little or alot (well, you can't spend alot on this run!)

Back