Summit Point, Shenandoah Circuit - 05-06 OCT 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Point, Shenandoah Circuit - 05-06 OCT 13

Hey guys! I definitely do NOT see enough vids out there of our Tours ripping around road courses. I see a few, and those are the ones I get inspiration from....

...but I had to make my own. I've been so impressed with my CSVT #2 since I got it from Mark (juspifool) 3 months ago. I had to see how she held up on one of my favorite tracks.

I spent the weekend with Trackdaze at Summit Point on the Shenandoah Circuit. This track is probably my favorite. After VIR. :)...a very technical track with a few straights, off-camber turns, esses, a carrousel, etc.

So, I got a ton of good vids, but only got a couple up to Youtube so far. One short, on long. However, you got to see the Tour doing work. :)

I'll type out some bits about the Contour and my impressions...but I wanted to get these couple vids up first.

OH! And some pics, too! But I'll get those up after I re-size em.

Vid from day 1. A short one...just pick it up around the 4-minute mark:

This one is the last session of day number two. Ran a new PB for this course. And I did it in my Tour...not my Stang. :) It's a LONG one. A lot of good fun in it, though, if you have the time to watch it.

Ok, so while I get to doing a proper write-up and re-sizing some pics, if you all have any questions, please ask!
    - 06 Mustang GT 5spd / Weekend Grocery Getter-Turned Track Toy / Vortech blown, meth-injected, suspension, racing slicks
    - 98 CSVT / T-Red / Baby-Transporting DD That Won't Piss Me Off
    - 98 CSVT / Silverfrost / FOR SALE!!

Finally got around to re-sizing pictures. Here's a few from the event.

6..jpg8..jpg16..jpg
    - 06 Mustang GT 5spd / Weekend Grocery Getter-Turned Track Toy / Vortech blown, meth-injected, suspension, racing slicks

Comment

Few more!

18..jpg10..jpg1..jpg

Comment

What lowering springs are you running? What camber setup are you using and what is it measuring?

Comment

The car came with Intrax springs and ST200 struts. I swapped over some Koni yellows but kept the springs because I really enjoy the look. I think my H&R Sports are better performers, but I don't so much care for the "muscle car" look (lower in front than in the back).

Camber is stock. And to tell you the truth, I really needed some negative camber. Even at 42-44 psi hot, I was still rolling the front tires over the wear line.

And, really, I just wanted to see how she'd do out there. I think she did real well. After all, it is my DD.

Comment

Working...
          X