No announcement yet.

3L track testing: 6th out of 92 in raw time this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all righty talked with one of my fellow SMFers to try and explain this and this is where it comes from..Nebraska region link

and

The rule: 16.1.D.1. "Engine block must be a production unit manufactured and badged the same as the original standard or optional engine for that model."

The important word is "as". The replacement engine must made by the same manufacturer AS the original or optional engine in the car. So, ford for a ford, Honda for a honda.
    2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
    1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
    2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
    '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

Cool shots and nice job at the event! Car looks nice setup like that.
      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Good to see those wheels still getting proper use.

Comment

What is the skid plate made of? I like how it extends of a little further.
          2000 Tropic Green SVT Contour #455 of 2150
          Born Date: Nov. 19, 1999
          Exhaust | Intake | ATS Complites | Pre-98 trunk w/ Lip Spoiler | A-pillar Gauges | Fidanza Shifter | Ground Control | Koni | Autovation | ED Splitter | Carbon Fiber EVO Hood

Comment

Originally posted by jaged View Post
            all righty talked with one of my fellow SMFers to try and explain this and this is where it comes from..Nebraska region link

and

The rule: 16.1.D.1. "Engine block must be a production unit manufactured and badged the same as the original standard or optional engine for that model."

The important word is "as". The replacement engine must made by the same manufacturer AS the original or optional engine in the car. So, ford for a ford, Honda for a honda.
            Odd. That's definitely not how I interpret the wording of the rule. I read "manufactured and badged" as manufactured on the same line using the same processes and with all labels showing that it is the original type of engine available in the car. I would never have considered the phrase "manufactured and badged the same" to mean simply "sold under a brand of the same corporate family." By this interpretation, is the Noble M400 engine SM legal? What about a Ford 363 crate motor? Anyway, thanks for the link, that's interesting.
            Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
            Cool shots and nice job at the event! Car looks nice setup like that.
            Thanks!
            Originally posted by FauxhawkFox View Post
            Good to see those wheels still getting proper use.
            I told you they'd be track wheels!
            Originally posted by TourEnvy View Post
            What is the skid plate made of? I like how it extends of a little further.
            Birch plywood. Sounds rice but is used on many a legitimate road race car. Cheap, easily cut, stiff enough to carry aero load but forgiving of ground and curbing contact. I originally made it extending back under the oil pan to create a long flat undertray, but it was really heavy and of course covered the oil filter so I cut most of it out behind the trailing edge of the Duraflex air dam. I'd like to make one with just a frame extending backward to screw on a much lighter material like a polycarbonate sheet with a removable access panel for the filter. But there's a lot of things I'd "like" to do...
            ~Ben~
            99 SilFro SVT 2072 4/27/99 prepped track rat

Comment

Working...
            X