• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats Autocross??

The vet owner did not know how to drive his new car yet....! and he did not want to hit a cone with a $40,000+ car and mess up the paint!! ( i hit a cone at 40+ on the left side bumper and broke my window washer resivour Opp's ) But i will tell you that its a perfect example of its not the car that makes the driver! HP means nothing unless you have skill! I love auto x i will have more fun next year due to my down time and credit card debt!! lol

Weapon Racing Secret short intake
Modified Oil pan to solve oil starvation
Solid poly Motor mounts
Poly Anti roll barsway bar end link bushings and rear conrol arm bushings(not installed yet but do have)
Battery Relocation with Optima red top battery
B+M short throw shifter
Koni ajustable Shocks
Koni Springs
18 inch Enkie J-10 silver rims
215 40 18 BF Goodrich KDW NT tires 60% tread life left
Weapon Racing Oil catch can
OMP Upper strut bar
Camber Caster kit

So aspen, are you the blacked out SVT from Minot?? I didn't see it auto crossin this year but I saw it parked in the pits over motor magic...I was down ther epittin for cousins who race stock cars...and I very much like dlike looks of the Auto X, and may try it next year...do you know a brian from the base who has a Black SS Cobalt? He's been trying to get me to enter next year..I guess we'll see...​

Nope, I was not able to come to motor magic last year i was too buisy having my back split open and recovering from surgery! i was so mad...! You might of seen some of the cars from my car club Racers Evolution they raced and showed there cars down there. I got my car from cartivia of Minot but it was all bone stock 76,000 miles, nothing was done to it at all. I think an old lady drove it before me. I know there is a nice black one in minot and from what i hear he has it supercharged. Ill post a pic of my car here in a wile! Ya i know it would be cool not to be the only contour out on the track all the time! you will definetly have to come out!

The only person i know that has a black Cobalt ss is a kid named jessy he lived in Mandan and so do I!

I just saw the video, and couldn't help but notice that your rpm's semed very low. Was the course slow and you stayed in second? Or did you get it in third. I have no auto-x experience in my contour as every auto-x and rally-x I've done was in my sentra spec-v. In my spec, once I leave 1st gear i never return. It's a 6 speed with an incredibly short 2nd gear. It also has loads of low to mid torque. I hope to finish the contour for auto-x and hpde by the end of March. Whenever I do finish, I will post some video's.

I just saw the video, and couldn't help but notice that your rpm's semed very low. Was the course slow and you stayed in second? Or did you get it in third. I have no auto-x experience in my contour as every auto-x and rally-x I've done was in my sentra spec-v. In my spec, once I leave 1st gear i never return. It's a 6 speed with an incredibly short 2nd gear. It also has loads of low to mid torque. I hope to finish the contour for auto-x and hpde by the end of March. Whenever I do finish, I will post some video's.

We have this crasey course maker (Allen) that made it so it was very hard to get back into 1st. In that vid i was racing for my second time ever. Lots of hairpins and pivot cones. I was also running on stock suspension and all stock parts and i dident realize how much tire pressure could affect the way the car handled. I had alot problems keeping the car from taking me off the track.

Spec-v's lol they are fun to watch going around the track. The one i watched and i think it was on stock suspension was on 3 wheel's all the time. I dont know if you have the same problem?
They are nice cars though!!

Tire pressure is very important. The contour understeers badly stock. When correctly adjusted, you can help this out a little. If you are having trouble rotating the car, try to learn how to throttle lift oversteer. It's not that easy in the contour since its long wheelbase lind of stablizes it. If you are brand new to auto-x, You really don't need to do any mods to your car. I won the North Carolina Autocross championship in tire class. All I have done to my car is put falken rt-615 tires on. Everything else is stock. Hooray tire class. And yes. I tripod my car all the time. One run I had one tire off the ground almost half the time. I've hung wheels on my contour before my koni, gc, and rear sb setup. It really doesn't present a problem. The spec has a solid rear axle that has a lot of sideways movment. It makes for a very interesting ride.

Trouble is with the Americanisation of our language with todays youths and the heavy music and film influences, we can understand alot of US slang.

The only time you would of heard of Matts 'slang' is either probaly watching Byker Grove on BBC World :laugh::laugh: or School For Seduction starring Kelly Brooke - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368249/ -

Just my 2 pence worth (2 cents :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

jcth1

You forgot the original "The Office", Guy Ritchie films....and "Layer Cake"

I love how the tires scrape the inside fender..... lol he looks like he is an awsome driver. We ususally get beat down by canadian drivers! they are drivers to be delt with. Mostly miatas, mustangs, s2000's, lotus, corvette and some mini's... I have seen some old cars too that were meant for drag not auto-x ill show you some more video of me and some of my car club members some time. We have a blast, We allways convoy together to all the events! Like i said before i cant wait till this 07 auto cross starts up because i have mod's on the SVT now.

This is my older brothers Mustang v6 he has modified. lol he needs springs and shocks!!!

I dont know what this guy was trying to do but its always nice to have a old powerhouse in the mix.

This is me flying around the track allmost rev limiting my car in second. lol

This is me on the same track with Aron from my car club taking video! ya i know its not good when he covers up the mic and zooms in too far,. It also does not help taking video with a camera phone!

Well i hope you all enjoy ill post more pictures/movies of my car club racing if i get requests!

Back