• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats Autocross??

JCTH1

CEG'er
As ive been navigating the site ive come across the mention of Autocross alot. Could someone just clarify what it is for me please so any tips on componantry's or add ons i can realise its purpose and then decide if it would help me out at all on my mondeo.

TIA

jcth1

Autocross is an accesssible track racing format that is usuallly conducted in a carpark like setting. More accessible than open track and an alternative to drag racing.

Autocross is an accesssible track racing format that is usuallly conducted in a carpark like setting. More accessible than open track and an alternative to drag racing.

So basically town racing ala Fast and the Furious????? but perfectly legal right???

Sorry if these question seem lame but i am just trying to suss out your mods for your needs for my own purpose.

jcth1

Imagine a great big parking lot, within that lot you mark out a course using traffic pylons and white chalk lines. Not a real race track, much too small, and you typically stay in the first two gears. But it's cheap, and better than people racing around on the street. You are timed, so you get to look at you time compared to other drivers and gain bragging rights. Another nice side of autocross is because the courses are so small, having a big motor means nothing without the handling to go with it. It's also a showcase of driver talent.

Do you purposely try and use British slang?

I wouldnt say its purposely. Obviously we talk differently over here and not like the queens english either.

RAF is the Royal Air Force and aye is just Geordie (we call people from Newcastle Geordies) for yes.

Its still comprehendable and you havent heard me talk in my prop'r someset accent yet :laugh:

jcth1

lol, sorry i just type what i say, and yes the only slang as you call it, is just my dialect

Aye = Yes (Geordie Accent)
Geordie = Resident of Newcastle
Newcastle = City in North of England on the East Coast
RAF = Royal Air Force
Tis = Its (From Ye Olde English)
Ye Olde = The Old

Its a go-ol-time

Its a go-ol-time

Vid link

Link to score http://www.sccabadlands.org/solo2/events/20060513/minot_solo_pax.htm

Well i know this might help in some some one.... I pulled these numbers second time racing my contour SVT!! (im number 7) look at some of the cars i beat. I just cant beleve a regular contour beat me out (lol) .

I did this time with all stock part's ... hehe

I burnt off alot of tire on this track!!!

Last edited:
I purposely DON'T use US slang. I don't use region-specific words, and I don't type phonetically. Just as he uses words like "aye, mate, tis" I could say things like "dog, bro, etc." But I don't.

Trouble is with the Americanisation of our language with todays youths and the heavy music and film influences, we can understand alot of US slang.

The only time you would of heard of Matts 'slang' is either probaly watching Byker Grove on BBC World :laugh::laugh: or School For Seduction starring Kelly Brooke - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368249/ -

Just my 2 pence worth (2 cents :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

jcth1

Back