• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ07 Gingerman thread!

I'm sure there is a reason tracks and organizations don't allow helmets over a certain age. If you think you're going to use it enough, just go buy one.

There is a line I heard on "Made in America" with John Ratzenberger when he visited the Bell helmet manufacturing facilities. They were talking about the price of helmets and how some people balk at paying for a premium helmet. The company rep suggested these people be asked "So, how much is your head worth to you?" :shrug: Made me not want to skimp and get a cheapo helmet last week so I bought a new Bell S2R (SA05). Of course, getting a discount at HRP because of my local SVTOA chapter affiliation was a plus. :laugh: :cool:

I'm sure there is a reason tracks and organizations don't allow helmets over a certain age. If you think you're going to use it enough, just go buy one.

There is a line I heard on "Made in America" with John Ratzenberger when he visited the Bell helmet manufacturing facilities. They were talking about the price of helmets and how some people balk at paying for a premium helmet. The company rep suggested these people be asked "So, how much is your head worth to you?" :shrug: Made me not want to skimp and get a cheapo helmet last week so I bought a new Bell S2R (SA05). Of course, getting a discount at HRP because of my local SVTOA chapter affiliation was a plus. :laugh: :cool:

$10 Head $10 helmet. :laugh:

Guess we'll see what happens when i get there....if i have to rent i have to rent. :shrug:

Guess it's time to go shopping for a new helmet.

Well if we're not all on the track at the same time, I imagine a lot of us have helmets (I got one) and you can borrow one of our's.

Back