• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CART Contour SVT

larry_s

CEG'er
Does anyone have any info on the where abouts of the Contour SVT that was used at CART events? I saw it at the Milwaukee mile the year that JPM won the Indy 500. It is gold if I remember correctly and had BBS wheels I think.

:drool: PPG Pace Cars! Brings back great memories. My dad used to do A LOT of business with FedEx and his account manager would take us to a CART race of our choosing each year back when CART still existed and they sponsored it. We used to go to the final race at Fontana each year and part of the weekend included a ride in the PPG pace cars. I rode at 140 with Wally Dallenbach in a MB C43 AMG, and my dad rode in a C5 Vette Coupe (before the Z06), the blue MB E55 AMG, and a Supra with Mario Andretti. We saw them wreck an NSX in the the first turn at California. I remember watching the PPG Viper go around the track as fast as the Craftsman Trucks had the night before... Lots of fun times.

:drool: PPG Pace Cars! Brings back great memories. My dad used to do A LOT of business with FedEx and his account manager would take us to a CART race of our choosing each year back when CART still existed and they sponsored it. We used to go to the final race at Fontana each year and part of the weekend included a ride in the PPG pace cars. I rode at 140 with Wally Dallenbach in a MB C43 AMG, and my dad rode in a C5 Vette Coupe (before the Z06), the blue MB E55 AMG, and a Supra with Mario Andretti. We saw them wreck an NSX in the the first turn at California. I remember watching the PPG Viper go around the track as fast as the Craftsman Trucks had the night before... Lots of fun times.

That sounds very cool. I remember looking over the Contour and I thought it looked very cool at the time. As I recall they used to give rides in them before the race and you could pay for a ride if you wanted.

Back