• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question for the well-seasoned vets out there

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
I know theres a couple of you guys out there that can answer this question, hell, I know the answer to this question but I just need someone to re-confirm it. Take these two cars:

-2007 MINI Cooper "S"
-sport suspension
-Dunlop tires (280 treadwear)
-good aftermarket exhaust and intake
-3000 lbs with (2) people in it

vs.

-Lotus Elise
-stock everything

Given 2 drivers of equal skill and the question is this, is there any way possible the MCS keeps up with the Elise on an auto-X or road coarse:shrug:

you would know for sure if you werent a pussy and went for a ride in the Lotus when you had the chance. :laugh::laugh:

j/k Roger. seeing as how you couldnt keep up with Shea on the skyway im gonna say definitely not.

j/k Roger. seeing as how you couldnt keep up with Shea on the skyway im gonna say definitely not

Its just not possible and trying to do so could result in certain death, seriously:help: I'm only asking this because his co-driver kinda slammed me about not keeping up with them and he thought my car would've done alot better, well, the math doesn't add up IMO:

-weight, power to weight and weight distribution

1975 lbs vs. 2600 lbs/190 hp+1975 lbs vs. 190 hp+2600 lbs/50/50 vs. 2/3 nose heavy...hmmm:rolleyes:

the short answer is probably not. it would have to depends on driver's skill level for both cars.

this reminds me of a race against a hightly modded greddy blown elise vs a stock non-sport elise. hightly modded car is owned by weekend-worrior with little/zero track time and standard stock elise was driven by a lotus chassis engineer. after both having time at willow springs the stock was putting down faster times; it made that guy pretty mad.

No. MCS is tight, but an Elise is so well balanced. The proof is in your math:

-weight, power to weight and weight distribution

1975 lbs vs. 2600 lbs/190 hp+1975 lbs vs. 190 hp+2600 lbs/50/50 vs. 2/3 nose heavy...hmmm:rolleyes:

This is just a silly question... heck the elise is faster than many cars with twice the power.

Besides... the elise stock comes with a better suspension than an MCS sport suspension and I think the stock tires are somewhere under 200 treadwear super sticky tires.

So basically any mods on the MCS are irrellevant because the elise has better stock.

This is just a silly question... heck the elise is faster than many cars with twice the power.

Besides... the elise stock comes with a better suspension than an MCS sport suspension and I think the stock tires are somewhere under 200 treadwear super sticky tires.

So basically any mods on the MCS are irrellevant because the elise has better stock.

I only asked the question because of the guys co-driver on the Dragon who thought my car would've done better, I know it can't:troutslap: Just wanted/needed some confirmation to make me feel better, that's all and your right about the tires, I think they were 180. Go back to the original page for this and I made my case pretty good.

Think about this. In SCCA SOLO II the Elise is classed with the Z06 Corvette in SS. The Cooper S is classed in GS with the SVT Contour!

You make the Call.

Think about this. In SCCA SOLO II the Elise is classed with the Z06 Corvette in SS. The Cooper S is classed in GS with the SVT Contour!

You make the Call.

From what I've seen, the Elise routinely spanks the Z06. In ALL cases, the driver is what makes the difference. I once beat a Porsche GT3. Does that make the CSVT a better or faster car????

I mght jump on the Spec-V bandwagon in G stock next year. I beat the guy who placed 18th at nationals in his 07 mini. I might have a shot at a trophy. Just not in my csvt.

From what I've seen, the Elise routinely spanks the Z06. In ALL cases, the driver is what makes the difference. I once beat a Porsche GT3. Does that make the CSVT a better or faster car????

In Super Stock at this years SOLO II Nationals the winning car was a Porsche GT3 88.326 Second place was an Elise 89.110 Third place was a Z06 89.795

GS Winner ran a Cooper S with a time of 93.710. You have to go to 10th place to find any car other than a Cooper and that was a Spec-V Nissan. So the fastest GS car was almost 5 seconds slower than the second place Elise is SS.

Last trophy spot in SS was 18th place. Car was a Z06 and ran a 92.174. That is a 1.5 seconds faster than the fastest GS car.

My point was that given equally competative drivers the Elise is a much faster car than a Cooper S. The Cooper S is a much faster car than a CSVT.

Whether you beat a GT3 in any car is irrelevent to this argument. Who would win in the race questioned by the OP is completely up to the driver. But if you want to know who would win given equal drivers, it would be the Elise by a large margin.

I mght jump on the Spec-V bandwagon in G stock next year. I beat the guy who placed 18th at nationals in his 07 mini. I might have a shot at a trophy. Just not in my csvt.

What's special about the spec-V and not the csvt? I didn't think the sentras were that quick.

This year at solo nationals, a spec-v was in second place after the first day. He finished 10th overall however. Last year he finished 8th. It's the only car besides the cooper that has a chance to win GS. I beat some of the people that placed in the top 20 this last year in my sentra at local events. My car is bone stock, and my tires are not the fastest. With a properly set up car and some better driving, I would stand a decent shot at a trophey in a national event. If the contour came with 17x7 wheels stock, I would go for it in that... Maybe.

Back