• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Running in PhillySCCA NE Divisionals this weekend

jtrimm

New CEG'er
I'm running in PhillySCCA NE Divisionals this weekend in my first divisional event in my first season of AutoX ever. I'm looking at the entry list, and it's me against 8 Mini Cooper S's... LOL

I just traded in my pre-AutoX Firestone Wide Ovals for some Potenza RE-01R's (still on my stock rims) since the last event, so I'm cautiously optimistic to make up a few seconds on the upgraded rubber. The RE-01R's are a marked improvement on the already decent Wide Ovals based on spirited street driving and exit-ramp bonzai runs. I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles this weekend. Only 140 out 250 possible registrations, so looks like 4 runs is probable on both Saturday and Sunday.

I believe the Cooper S's are getting bounced from G-stock next year, so perhaps things will be more balanced... In any case, the 'ol SVT is still the best sounding car in G-stock at WOT. ;-)

The move for the Cooper S is still in the comment stage at this point and is not a done deal either way. If they move you still have the Spec-V (moved from DS to GS last year to "speed up the class") and the celica (Former top dog prior to the mini) to watch out for.

Back