• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow coming again...

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
They are calling for up to a foot of snow Tuesday into Wednesday, and I am supposed to drive up to our plant in Aurora (as are several others) for an all day workshop that starts at 7:30 am Wednesday. It is the first day of a week of workshops that also had me heading back up there on Friday as a presenter.

I wonder how this is going to play out.

Hmmmm, thanks - I was wondering if I should wash the truck or not......

Ok, the "up to a foot" estimate now looks a little optimistic. :nonono: Now they are saying 12"+ with several models consistently calling for 18-20" from Tuesday noon thru Wednesday afternoon. The line is from here up thru Chicagoland. The blizzard watch is already posted for northeast Illinois. :blackeye:

Finally! It's about time we got some snow.

Sorry Bob, I know that's not what you want to hear. But if you end up driving by yourself for some reason and need a place to crash, let me know.

Thanks Dave.

My wife just saw on Facebook that Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is heading to Chicago... nothing good ever happens if he shows up. Also just saw on the WGN news at 9 that there could be up to 24" in the Chicago area.

Thanks Dave.

My wife just saw on Facebook that Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is heading to Chicago... nothing good ever happens if he shows up. Also just saw on the WGN news at 9 that there could be up to 24" in the Chicago area.

No problem Bob, can only offer a blow up mattress or couch, but you're welcome to it.

6-3-0-7-2-3-7-8-1-9 (cell)if you need it

I am sure my 5 yr old is going to end up with 2 days off school. Looks like there will be some sledding in our future.

are you guys going to get the freezing rain too? Its supposed to start snowing here tonight, switch to feezing rain late Tuesday, and back to snow late morning Wednesday. This should be FUN!!!

I am completely done with the snow. I'm going to try and work from home on Tuesday if it's really bad. I'm tired of driving through this ••••. No one in Chicagoland seems to understand how to driving in the snow, even this far into winter.

*Oh please Mr. Snowblower be strong for this storm. Calm your slipping belt for me through the season. I need you.*

*Oh please Mr. Snowblower be strong for this storm. Calm your slipping belt for me through the season. I need you.*

If the belt goes, this guy shovels snow for Powder coating. I'll try to get my stuff either this week or next.

^ haha - you bet, shoveling is a trade for coating! You know first hand, and your freshly FREE coated parts are here ready for pickup when you are.

We've been missing the bullet the past couple years here in the midwest and I think our luck is about to run out. I mean about a month after I got here last year we were hit with 13" but this sounds like it could be almost double that:shocked:

It would be fun to be out in an H1 or Pinzguar Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, that's for sure:laugh:

I am completely done with the snow. I'm going to try and work from home on Tuesday if it's really bad. I'm tired of driving through this ••••. No one in Chicagoland seems to understand how to driving in the snow, even this far into winter.

Hey Sean, maybe you should've gotten new snow tires, LOL! Those tires are good in the snow for sure, but not THAT good.

Everyone, be safe out there tomorrow afternoon after work, sounds like it should be coming down pretty good around 5 or so, we'll see!

Well, they delayed the sessions by a day. I'll be heading up on Thursday and Monday instead of Wednesday and Friday.

Well, it's not that deep here. Maybe 3-4 inches but the drifted snow is up to about 10+ inches.

Well, it's not that deep here. Maybe 3-4 inches but the drifted snow is up to about 10+ inches.

Same here so far (minus the drifting), about 1-2, supposed to start here about 3 with 1-2 inches per hour possible.

Hey Sean, maybe you should've gotten new snow tires, LOL! Those tires are good in the snow for sure, but not THAT good.

Everyone, be safe out there tomorrow afternoon after work, sounds like it should be coming down pretty good around 5 or so, we'll see!

Honestly, it's a night and day difference between the bald OE tires with 37lk miles and these new tires. By comparison, the Continentals feel like snow tires.

Back