11th Annual River City Mustang and All Ford Show September 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11th Annual River City Mustang and All Ford Show September 19

Uftring Ford in East Peoria is hosting a Mustang and all Ford show this weekend, September 19, 2010. They actually have a class for SVT Contour/Focus. Anyone interested?

11th annual River City Mustang and All-Ford Show at Uftring Ford, Rt. 116 and Rt. 24.
    8:00 am to 3:00 pm, rain or shine. Over 50 classes

I plan to be there again, as long as the weather is ok. You need to have someone to beat in your class again. :) Have you put any more miles on the SVT since last year?

For others that have not been to this show, it is a good one to attend. I recommend it.
    Bob Johann
    SoundQ SVT
    1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
    5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
    2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

Comment

The car is starting to show the signs of being a 17 year olds daily driver but is still somewhere around 46K miles. It will be good to see you there again, hopefully we can get a few more SVT Contours to show.

Comment

2 hours and 47 minutes to get there from my house. YIKES!
        '96 Honda Civic (dd) '98 CSVT #3562 (sold)
        '00 Honda Civic (sold) '03 Mazda 6 (sold)
        '98 CSVT #2448 (sold) '04 Acura TSX (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by WHEELSPIN View Post
          That's ok... I'll help the average travel time... it is only a 10 minute drive for me. :) I drive past the dealership every day going to/from work.

It really is a good large show, and they typically have 150+ cars when the weather is horrible and more when it is nice.
          Bob Johann
          SoundQ SVT

Comment

Two hours and 51 for me. I still might go. It's just a long drive for a car show. Who wants to caravan?
            1998 Contour SVT Full 3L - Sold-
            2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT

Comment

It's about the same for us, we live just east of you (Carol Stream). But it is one of the best Ford shows in the area.

Comment

Where at in Carol Stream???
                Last edited by BK4293; 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM. Reason: Enquiring minds want to know
                Only Users Lose Drugs

Comment

Originally posted by BK4293 View Post
                  Where at in Carol Stream???
                  About 3 blocks south of Glenbard North High School. My house backs up to Kuhn Road.
                  Sounds like you live close to us- maybe we should get a caravan of SVTC's together for this show like Wien_Sean suggested?

Comment

So who is still planning to come down? At this show they park you in the order you arrive, so do you want to meet before you get there so we'll be parked together? I'll offer my place as the meeting point and anyone that needs to wash bugs off the front of their cars can do so before driving the last 10 mins to the show.

Rain is in the forecast unfortunately, but I can bring my 10 x 10 canopy for shelter or shade.
                    Bob Johann
                    SoundQ SVT

Comment

Radar update: it is not raining here now, but a small cluster of light rain looks to get here about 8:30 and last until 9:00 or so. After that, the radar shows a break for here. Heavy rain will be to the south and some light rain to the north.

Show judging is scheduled to start at 12 so I think that is the cutoff for registration. Let me know if you are still planning to come. There are car washes available in Washington and in Metamora (depending on which route you take to get here) but none closer to the show than that. My offer to meet at my place is still open if you want to clean up here instead.
                      Bob Johann
                      SoundQ SVT

Comment

Well, it turned out to be an ok day for a show. Overcast all day kept it cool and comfortable, but I would have preferred sun to show off the T-Red color better. Anyway, I took second to Nick again this year, no surprise there. There were 120 cars at the show, even with all the rain falling this morning and in the forecast for the afternoon. Those of you that did not come missed a good day.
                        Bob Johann
                        SoundQ SVT

Comment

Working...
                        X