• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone going to Milwaukee Auto show?

I was there on Saturday. It seems like with the down economy most manufacturers cut back on their displays, except Ford (the only one making money - go figure). BMW had like 1/2 the cars they had last year. They had to fill a big part of the upstairs display with a used car section and a half-court to advertise the Bucks. It was nice to see a GT500 and a Raptor on display. Ford also had the SHO and the Fiesta up on displays so you can't sit in them which was pretty lame. They made sure people were aware that the Fusion won CotY. GM is more proud of the Camaro than the Corvette it seems, they had something like 6 or 7 Camaros on the floor and only a couple Corvettes, but they did have a Stingray concept.

If you go there, park at the Grand Avenue mall and hang on to your show ticket stub; they discount parking to $6, which was half-price for us.

I agree with Hetfield. It seems that most manufacturers couldn't give a crap about the show or don't have the money to fund it. Granted there were a few cars here and there that I wanted to see. Not sure if it was true but it seemed like every 2011 model car was locked. There's a Harley section with a few interesting bikes, some nice custom cars and some various cars from movies and music videos. If I had to make the choice again to go or not I wouldn't have rather spent that money on a steak dinner and at least I could have left satisfied, or a few cheap movies at the Oriental Theater. I hope they turn it around in the years to come.

Not sure if it was true but it seemed like every 2011 model car was locked.

I wasn't shy when I mentioned the biggest reason for me to come to the show was to get a preview of the Fiesta and I was disappointed that they wouldn't let anyone touch it. The Ford rep was sympathetic and mentioned that they were giving out $50 gift cards if you sign up and test drive one, so both my g/f and I did (different addresses, hehe).

That reminds me, I was surprised to see a large number of factory reps. Most of the Ford people were from Detroit, and Toyota had a number of poorly-trained people there trying to do damage control. I thought it was hilarious when my g/f was fawning over the Camry hybrid and one of the reps came over to answer questions. I mentioned how I was interested in the Ford lineup, so she talked about how much better the mileage is on the Camry and then pulled out this book (because she wasn't actually familiar with anything about the cars she was rep'ing). The book compared Toyota models to various other cars, and the Fusion hybrid kicks the crap out of the Camry hybrid (more horsepower, better mileage, more features). Egg, meet face. I'm still disappointed that my g/f wants to drive the washing machine of automobiles, but I still have time to bring her around.

I wasn't shy when I mentioned the biggest reason for me to come to the show was to get a preview of the Fiesta and I was disappointed that they wouldn't let anyone touch it. The Ford rep was sympathetic and mentioned that they were giving out $50 gift cards if you sign up and test drive one, so both my g/f and I did (different addresses, hehe).

I signed up for that too! But I do not think that we will be able to test drive the fiesta :cry:. They asked which ones i was interested and I said the fiesta and the fusion, but the rep i talked with said that you have to take the test drive within a month of receiving the e-mail from them, and the fiesta does not come out till late summer or some time around then :nonono:

I was told 6-8 weeks for the Fiesta after asking specifically when it would show up at dealers. Also, the email I received was simply a notification that they have the information correct in their system and will be contacting me again in the future. She apparently put me down for the Focus, but whatever; I'll test drive the thing, get my gift card, and then ask to test drive a Fiesta. Ford may be doing well, but they still need my money and should expect to bend over backwards for it if I want them to.

I want to see and drive the ecoboost 3 cylinder when it comes out. Sounds like a modern day pontiac firefly.

Did anyone get on the Raptor simulation? I didn't feel like waiting... looked alright though. $50 bucks free was a good deal. They were giving away T-shirts too.

Back