• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any CEG deer hunters?

1999contour

CEG'er
Maybe it is just me, but does there seem to be a lack of white tails around here? I hunt in central and northern wisconsin (Bow, riffle, black powder) and the population seems to be horrible, while the DNR (Damn Near Russia) continues to claim that the population is where they want it.

IMO it's just about time for open season on wolves.

I've only been hunting for a few years now, but anyone I've talked to who's been hunting 20 years or more says the population is way down. I've heard stories about seeing 10/15/20 deer at a time. If I see 10 deer all opening weekend that's a lot.

The conspiracy theory is that the DNR is influenced by the insurance industry which would like to see the eradication of deer in the state.

DNR has too much power, so I'm not surprised if they say the herd is big. I haven't been hunting very long but everyone says it's down. But, many of these same guys are getting 10+pointers every year because they hunt in prime locations. I still think the deer are getting smarter and the woods are overcrowded with hunters.

I probably won't be getting out this year.....side note my friend text me this morning at 7am , he dropped a 10 pointer bow hunting.

We just got done putting up our stands and fixing the roof on our hunting shack today. Getting excited for the season opener.

I've only been hunting for about 5 years now in the central Wisconsin area, and even from 5 years ago I can tell the population is down. Last year was the first year ever at my Grandpa's farm that we didnt have a single buck on opening day.

The number of blood splattered deer on the side of the road has also greatly dropped. I remember 10 years ago driving I-94 between delafield and deerfield, it was blood and guts the whole way. made for some interesting rides home on 2nd shift.

Missed 3 does in a row.....with my accord....in the middle of a turn....at 65...off camber. I did get a very good close up look at all 3 as they ran in place on the concrete and I flew by. Spilt a full can of monster on my console....my phone was floating in it :( but it works fine:)

If only we could only use rifles where I live. I was at my girls with my AR target practicing and there was 6 deer not far off from it. Her cuz and I both wanted to get them so bad but just couldnt see us loosing our guns if the DNR came by.

Back