• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 black/tan CSVT at a local car lot

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
There is a 1999 Black SVT Contour for sale at a local used car lot.

I stopped by to check it out and leave info about CEG in it. Talked with the salesman who knew what it was and special nature of SVT. He placed the CEG info in the glove box for me. He said there were a couple guys (mechanics) from a Ford dealership in St Charles that saw it on Autotrader (where I saw it too) and called to say they were going to come look at it on Saturday (today). They indicated they often go buy SVT Contours and fix them up to re-sell. Anyone know who they are?

Anyway, here is the info about the car:

Year 1999
Color - Black/Tan
Mileage - 96,772
cash price - $5,490 (but the salesman said they would entertain offers)
VIN - 1FAFP68G5XK140107

http://www.autotrader.com/ac-servle...chure.pdf?car_id=245796228&dealer_id=55989089

The body had a few dings and scratches on it, the headlights were severely hazed and had moisture inside, the interior looked ok, but had a couple smudges or ink stains from a pen, dash had the warp, rear mesh was missing.

salesman indicated there was a small exhaust manifold leak, verified by a local Ford dealer tech they had check it out, but he said others at the used car lot didn't think it had one.

Anyway, just sharing the info in case anyone was interested.

This car popped up again... but at a different, and in my opinion better and more reputable, used car lot.

It is now at Chris Clark Cars in Morton, IL and in better shape than before. The exhaust leak has been fixed, and the car has new front rotors and pads. They also replaced one of the front wheel bearings. The car is definitely cleaner now after a professional detail (inside and out), however the headlights are still gross, the rear mesh is still missing, and the dash warp is still there. Chris, the owner of the lot, said he has put about $1,000 into the car to fix it up. I looked in the glove box and the Contour.org information I put there at the last lot is still there.

He also told me a little bit of the history of the car based on the most recent title... It was last owned by a female school teacher here in the Peoria area from 2003 until it was traded in at the Saturn dealership in Peoria. The Saturn dealership had it on their lot for a little while before it went to Auto Lane (the previous used car lot) and it is now at Chris Clark.

http://www.chrisclarkcars.com/vehicles/display.cfm?vehicleID=679

Chris said the current tag on the car is $5495 but he would take $5,000 for it even after putting the money into it that he has.

Back