• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sonic Coming to Grand Rapids

I love Sonic! Where I live in Texas half the year, I pass like 8-10 on my 17 mile drive to work every day. They're EVERYWHERE! Family night on Tuesdays is great- 2 for 1 #1 or #2 burgers. Makes me hungry just thinking about them. Mmmmm...Sonic Burger... :drool: But seriously, how well do you think that a drive through will be doing when it's 15 degrees outside?

Last edited:
tony that sounds gross man, but I know what ya mean those burgers will do havok to your body :crazy:

IMO sonic burgers are probably some of the best fast food burgers you can get. They're not really greasy, and they come with real lettuce, tomato, onions, etc. and mayo or mustard. Not that wimpy stuff that Mc.D's or BK gives you.

Ron, where are you at? Says you work for UPS on your profile. You live somewhere near the Wyoming hub? I work for UPS in Plant Engineering at the Southwest Region office in Dallas when I'm not at school. We'll have to get together some weekend when I come home from school and check out the cars. I'm in SE GR near Calvin College (Burton and E Beltline) some weekends.

Yah I work at the ups wyoming hub full time. I live right down the street from there off of burlingame and 56'th street. Im always down for a get together weekend work great seen as how I don't work weekends. hit me up throw pm sometime.

Hot & Now.. that brings up memories.

Does anyone else remember $0.39 Hamburgers, fies and pop?

That was middle school time for me.. so maybe 16 years ago or so. Wow. I can remember walking home from middle school and collecting dropped change from drive-through windows, then handing that to the person at the window to get a tasty meal. And yes, I /walked/ through the drive-through when I was in middle school. They didn't have a walk-up (that I knew of) window, so that was the most logical thing to do. :)

When I was older, and just a year or two out of high-school, I seem to recall them being quite inexpensive still. Perhaps not to the extent of $0.39, but I digress. So one day, my girl-friend was in town (who lived in California then, as I did soon-after, but that's another story) so I said that I was going to take her out to a great meal here in good 'ol Michigan. My brother, her and I were in Chartucky, so I told her to close her eyes. We drive up to the restaurant and made our order. She didn't know what hot & now was, so it was still a sort-of-surprise - even when she heard me order. hah! We then collected a fine feast for three, for what seems to be under $10.00. She was actually quite delighted with the quantity and quality of food, especially at that price. Of course, Premium fuel was $0.99 a gallon then too.

She thought a surprise meal at a very inexpensive drive-through while blind-folded was cool. Damn, I miss that girl!! :p

hot and now did own all, I don't understand though why there building arn't being bought out and replaced with something else?

Back