• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ contouravan, flying, rental cars, etc. All local Q&As here!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
April 23-26 are tentative SZ dates.

1. are you going to SZ?
2. flying?
3. Driving?
4. if you fly, what is your transportation plan while in Miami?
5. if you drive, are you accepting passengers to help split the fuel cost?

I am looking at flights.

$268 round trip.

Thursday April 23rd from MKE (Milwaukee, WI)
-depart 12:17pm
-arrive 6:10pm

Monday April 27th from MIA (Miami, FL)
-depart 7:45am
-arrive 1:09pm

Renting a Chevy Aveo is only $17.xx per day. Around $100 total for the full time in Miami + fuel used)

Driving is 1,545 miles and 22.5 hours from 53933.
I can average about 27 MPG in my conturd.
Almost 58 gallons of gas @ $2.10 pr gallon
That will be at least $250 round trip by myself and I would not stop to stay overnight anywhere.

If I drive my Avalanche or Ford Flex and have a couple passengers to split fuel, this is the breakdown.

Flex @ 24 mpg = $270 round trip fuel. Seats 6 adults.
Avalanche @ 16 mpg = $404 round trip fuel. Seats 4 adults.

I could bring the Flex AND the EGPLNT2 trailer and still get the same fuel mileage.

I am planning to go. I still haven't decided drive or fly. For me, it is more about the travel time rather than the cost. If I don't fly I have no interest in being a passenger in someone else's vehicle. I am open to taking a passenger though if there is a need. And unlike your approach, I most definitely will be stopping for the night along the way if I drive. I'm not as young as I used to be. :)

Is there nobody else planning to go? It is 2 months away. 8 1/2 weeks. 61 days. If you're thinking about going I would hope you are close to a decision by now...

For those not going to SZ from the area, I just learned today that the 6th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords meet is Sunday April 26th at Hooters in Peoria.

My brother isn't going that I know of. Pole? Hetfield? Milan? Guys?

Back