• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$50 for a tank of gas!

the gas light on the svt came on today and it took $31 to fill her up. not too bad. but i remember when i paid in the low 20's... i really miss those days

i remember when gas was $1 a gal. and that wasn't too long ago maybe 7-8 years ago, yea i put in $20 ealier today and now it's right above empty but with sprited dirving thats what you get

holly crap!! You guys are at $3.24!!!!! :shocked:

Here in MA we are at $2.99 - $3.00

to fill my G its $50 (18 gallon iirc)

i remember when gas was $1 a gal. and that wasn't too long ago maybe 7-8 years ago, yea i put in $20 ealier today and now it's right above empty but with sprited dirving thats what you get

I also remember when a pack of smokes was a buck.

good times, good times.

Wanna buy a 42MPG Festiva???

you selling the fastiva????? don't **** with me like that. I'm looking at new jobs and might need to travel long distance once again. If it comes to that I'll be looking for another gas miser go-cart/death trap.

you selling the fastiva????? don't **** with me like that. I'm looking at new jobs and might need to travel long distance once again. If it comes to that I'll be looking for another gas miser go-cart/death trap.

Heck no man, i actually want another one.

~Josh

You don't have to get a "go-cart/death trap" to get excellent fuel economy. Just by a Volkswagen Diesel with a stick shift. My 2004 Golf GLS typically gets 46 - 48 mpg from 80% Hwy/ 20% City driving. If I'm fighting strong headwinds or massive amounts of snow, the worst I've seen is 44 mpg. Best I've ever seen was 50.1 mpg. The Golf is a bit over 3000 lbs and is very safe.

Sometimes I miss my '95 TBird, around town it was really shady, would only get 15 mpg most city. But on the highway, man on man it had an ultra low highway gear (3.08's) so I could cruise around at any speed. Took a trip to western Iowa from western illinois, got about 30 mpg doing about 100+ mph average with the A/C blazing. Now with the CSVT I'm lucky to get 25 with no A/C doing 70 mph :blackeye:.

Last edited:
I paid 31.00 the other day for a tank of premimum which is a drop in the bucket compared to the 350.00 bill I'll have from Capital Ford next week.. :(

how does one break a whole entire ebrake handle assembly? thankfully I have 2 other cars to drive as they are keeping the car for 4 days waiting for the part to come in :(

Werd. It's just the ebrake. Not like you need it to drive the car. Ha I know Cegers that removed theirs altogether. LOL!

Back