• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Mondy!

I want your head lights. :crazy:

Awesome ride man, I'm glad to see people appreciate the contique over the sea as well.

The car looks:drool::drool::drool: but I'd add MONDEO letters painted in a nice charcoal gray and place them in the middle of the boot lid:idea: Just equals things out back there and BTW the headlights:cool:

bit of an update.
i recently relocated the battery to the rear. this involed in removing my install and redesigning it to allow for the battery to sit tidily to one side.
i made the battery box from fibreglass, using a cardboard box as a mould. i lost a sub and built a new box for the remaining one and repositioned the wmi reservoir and pump.

how it was before..

wmi005Small-2.jpg

the finished boot / trunk

batteryinstall2007Small.jpg

next the batery tray was removed, cut and then part of it refitted to mount the fuse box back. cables were reconnected using a junction box. as you can see its made space for a larger cone and cold air feed..

battery removed and +ive cable fed through the firewall

batteryinstall1002.jpg

cable connected and battery tray cut

batteryinstall2010Small.jpg

next up was removing the inner headlght, fitting an intake trumpet and while i was at it i tinted the lights, indicators and fog lamps with lamin-x film. lightsmoke.

lights033.jpg

lights035.jpg

lights018.jpg

lights029.jpg

That's sweet!
I have a favor to ask you, do you have the manual on the morettes? If so, could you copy it and send it to me, as I need a how-to on adjusting the headlights.

sorry i have no manual, but from memory there are white plastic wingnuts on the rear of each lamp that adjust them. they can be a pita to get at.

im the same way rexx..im planning on doing that with one of my fogs. and eventually ill install some nice fogs and do that with my Headlights. Nice Niiiiiiiice mondy indeed.

some pics of recent changes, side exit exhaust and flushed rear bumper where the exhausts were

20110508-DuxFORD-025.jpg

DuxFORD-1.jpg

DuxFORD.jpg

IMG00063-20110508-1435.jpg

Back