• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone in Arizona

98csvt747

CEG'er
I'm in the army stationed at ft Campbell Kentucky and me and my family are thinking about moving to Arizona, but we know no one out nor do we know any good areas more of a place to state over and put the army life behind us. So anyone that lives pm me or text me at 216-906-8093 so I can get some question answered

Luke AFB is near Surprise wich is west of west phoenix. I'd try to stick to N. Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Chandler, or Tempe area.... and avoid Tucson and Mesa IMO....

What do you drive, and what do you do for a living ?

If you're looking to leave Army life behind you and start with a clean slate, I definitely recommend the Prescott area. It is about an hour away from the Phoenix metro area, but has a nice, rural feel. The elevation is about 5,000 feet above sea level, so you don't quite get the heat extremes that Phoenix gets (low 100's as opposed to 115+), but it's not nearly as high as Flagstaff (7,000 feet) so there is some snow in the winter but usually not really much more than a few inches that melts off rather quickly. In terms of jobs, I'm not sure exactly what you have experience with, but there's a lot of aviation related things in the Prescott area, including two of the leading aviation schools in the country (Embry-Riddle and Guidance). I personally live up in Williams, which is only about 30 miles from Flagstaff, but am looking at relocating to the Prescott area in the somewhat near future. I was born and raised in the Phoenix area though, so I can give good advice on that area as well.

Any info would be great. We have been looking at the cost of houses there and there cheap for the size of house you get. And I like that fact of no grass all rocks.

Yeah Prescott , is nice .. That would be a good place to start.. I'm not that far form the Luke AFB .. And it's alright lol ..but Arizona Is a good place To live ...

I'm just now starting to kick the idea around of having a G2G... So that'd be a good opportunity for you to come out and meet some people, and get some more info on locations, etc. from different people from different areas.

Back