AZ: Firebird tomorrow anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ: Firebird tomorrow anyone?

My brother is wanting to do some runs in his car and I'll just be watching (car still down). I didn't know if anyone here was interested in meeting up too. It would be cool to see some Contours running down the strip :D

I'm planning to get there around 6:00-6:30ish and leaving around 8:30... unless there's some cool stuff to stay for.
    morbid
    2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
    2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
    3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
    car is down with a broken tranny

Don't forget to take some pics/vids! Sorry I can't make it.
    98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
    98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

It's been so long since I've been to a drag strip, I'm planning on taking lots of vids. I'm also hoping this will help me get re-motivated to start working on my car again ;)
      morbid

Comment

I think the highlights was a 11.8 second Nissan GT-R, and a 12.3 second G8 GT. I really like the G8's and I think they're the only car I'd be tempted to trade my car for. That is... unless Ford ever gets their thumbs out of their asses and brings the Falcon back here (I love the Aussie v8 cars )
        morbid

Comment

12.3 is impressive, do you know if the G8 had any mods?
          98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
          98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

Yeah, I kept meaning to talk to the guy... the announcer said he's from Tucson too. The announcer did say that his tech card said ~400rwhp and listed a tune, headers, and some other bolt ons... sounded like nothing extensive -- all bolt ons. He also swapped wheels in the pits for ones with slicks. I saw his car in the pits with the hood up and I didn't see a supercharger, NOS, or any other obvious power adders. Though, Motortrend said they got a 13.0 with the GXP model (~415 engine HP, but most likely no slicks)... so I'm not sure if he did have more or not.

Towards the end of the night there was another G8 GT. He ran somewhere around 13.4-13.8 and the announcer said it should be stock. Stock GT's are supposed to have 360hp, so he probably had around 320rwhp.
            morbid

Comment

Interesting... so it does look like it's pretty easy to get G8 GT's in the low 12's with some bolt ons, headers, and a tune...

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10607
              morbid

Comment

That's pretty interesting. A quick search shows most used GT's are around $25,000. Figure another $2000-$3000 in mods, and you've got a reasonably priced 4 door that can keep up with Vette's

Comment

Working...
                X