• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a svt contour mechanic in Las Vegas

Man what a shame, I dont understand how the clutch going out lead to all this. Question is, since you cant fix it yourself, how deep are your pockets to have someone else fix it?

Man what a shame, I dont understand how the clutch going out lead to all this. Question is, since you cant fix it yourself, how deep are your pockets to have someone else fix it?

The worst is how have to buy another turbo. I would not mine it if he lowered the price. He still keeps telling me its a steal for that price.

What would you guys pay for it???

I would pay the same amount that the same car in stock form in the same condition but running good is worth plus maybe $1k more at the very most.

How do you know its the turbo? Could be a number of different things. Doesnt sound to me that your looking for a project car, which is what I think this car is. If I didnt already have a project I would be interested in it, since it is down the road from me.

I'm stuck I don't know if I should get it or not. A few people plus Ryan suggest $5000 would be fair because of its condition and a lot of things could start going wrong on it from sitting for a few years. I've already tried to talk Steve down but he is not going any lower than $7000. He said if I don't buy he will part it out but I can't let that happen. My wife says I have an addiction with these cars and I need help lol.

If I get it I'm picking it up Friday but he didn't give me a time yet

Yea thats a steep price. Just cus he overpaid for it doesnt mean you should after its been torn all apart and sitting outside for the last two years or whatever. If I had the room I would tell Steve to bring it on over to my house and ill work on it for free when I have time to get it back to life, but I dont hardly have enough room for my own crap.

Yea thats a steep price. Just cus he overpaid for it doesnt mean you should after its been torn all apart and sitting outside for the last two years or whatever. If I had the room I would tell Steve to bring it on over to my house and ill work on it for free when I have time to get it back to life, but I dont hardly have enough room for my own crap.

Well I was told he paid $7000 for it.

Well I was told he paid $7000 for it.

I would like to see pics of it when he bought it. It was probably worth $7k then. I just can't believe someone would let a car like this sit outside. He also told you he wasn't giving you certain parts which is bs. If he paid $7k for it with all the parts then he should sell it to you with all the parts.

I just can't believe someone would let a car like this sit outside.

I dont understand it either, the CA sun is pretty hard on cars. I had a cougar with like new headlight lenses and after one summer being outside here they were turning yellow. So I cant imagine that carbon fiber is still in good shape unless it had an extra coat of clear applied, not to mention the interior could be all faded in some spots from sitting there. Bit of a sad story, but if he parts it I call the seats!!!!

Back