• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a svt contour mechanic in Las Vegas

AcGcSVT00

CEG'er
I'm buying ryanblacksvt 3.0 Turbo and the new owner in LA said he thinks the turbo needs to be rebuilt. He says it links oil and blows a lot of smoke. So i need someone to work on it for me.

It also doesn't look like how I remember it. It's been sitting for 2 years. Here's some recent pictures. What would you guys pay for it???

photo-23Large.jpg

photo-24Large.jpg

photo-25Large.jpg

photo-26Large.jpg

photo-27Large.jpg

photo-28Large.jpg

I'm buying ryanblacksvt 3.0 Turbo and the new owner in LA said he thinks the turbo needs to be rebuilt. He says it links oil and blows a lot of smoke. So i need someone to work on it for me.

It also doesn't look like how I remember it. It's been sitting for 2 years. Here's some recent pictures. What would you guys pay for it???

Ill be in Barstow CA with the car while I work so if someone can come by there Ill pay for your services and the gas.

So you bought the car? Is it drivable? I'm also not clear about this thread... are you asking for a mechanic in Las Vegas, or in Barstow?

If the seller is saying the turbo is leaking, you might want to pull it soon and see if that's true... and that the oil isn't coming from more upstream than that -- the motor. If the only thing that's wrong is the turbo, then just pull it off when you get back to LV and get it rebuilt.

Also check all the vacuum lines to make sure they're intact, and well connected. You'll also want to open the coolant reservoir and make sure you can't smell exhaust. If you can smell it, then the oil is probably coming from the motor and not the turbo.... which you'll want to subtract the cost of a new motor then.

So you bought the car? Is it drivable? I'm also not clear about this thread... are you asking for a mechanic in Las Vegas, or in Barstow?

If the seller is saying the turbo is leaking, you might want to pull it soon and see if that's true... and that the oil isn't coming from more upstream than that -- the motor. If the only thing that's wrong is the turbo, then just pull it off when you get back to LV and get it rebuilt.

Also check all the vacuum lines to make sure they're intact, and well connected. You'll also want to open the coolant reservoir and make sure you can't smell exhaust. If you can smell it, then the oil is probably coming from the motor and not the turbo.... which you'll want to subtract the cost of a new motor then.

I'm asking for a mechanic in either Barstow or Las Vegas. I wish you lived closer you sound like you know what to do. Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?

you can make it look like that again, it just looks like its been sitting outside and hasnt been washed in about a year. Im sure steve has all the parts laying around for it too....side skirts, mirko, center caps, etc.

a good detail would bring it back to its former glory.

and my previous comment was related to the cars you have purchased in the past.....seems that you always sell the sought after parts off of them.

I'm asking for a mechanic in either Barstow or Las Vegas. I wish you lived closer you sound like you know what to do. Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?
I just know what can happen on a boosted setup ;)

For the coolant reservoir, just take the lid off it and stick your nose close to the opening. If the motor was over boosted and/or over heated, the head gaskets could be damaged... which would leak oil and exhaust into the coolant. Potentially coolant out the exhaust too.

I suggested checking all the vacuum lines, since an open line, or a poorly secured line or plug... that could over boost and blow the motor.

Since this is a used setup, I was recommending you at least do those quick checks. The motor could be damaged... having a failing head gasket, and it would still be very drivable for a while.

you can make it look like that again, it just looks like its been sitting outside and hasnt been washed in about a year. Im sure steve has all the parts laying around for it too....side skirts, mirko, center caps, etc.

a good detail would bring it back to its former glory.

and my previous comment was related to the cars you have purchased in the past.....seems that you always sell the sought after parts off of them.

I just had Adam's turbo car and sold the turbo kit and drove it N/A that's it. I had the low mile svt contour and sold it. than I had one after that but the motor blew after driving across country.

"Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?" :help:
It's sad to see formerly great cars in such sad condition

Im not familiar with boosted setups other than BADSVT's I only helped with putting back together (a couple times). Ill look forward to seeing it in the Valley.

Soo how much did you pay for it? This car was just down the street from me, never had experience with turbo cars but done plenty of 3L swaps.

Soo how much did you pay for it? This car was just down the street from me, never had experience with turbo cars but done plenty of 3L swaps.

We kind of agreed round $7k but it needs some work and of course I need to look at it in person and check on some things that morbid suggested. I think I'm deciding to tow it from LA to Vegas in my Hemi. It needs a new drivers side rocker panel. The exhaust is all cut up in pieces so that needs to be welded back together or clamped. Needs a new Turbo or I can have it rebuilt. Dose not come with any extra stuff like wheels, headlights etc. side markers were removed. I just hope when I stick my nose in the coolant reservoir that I don't smell exhaust.

Hopefully I get it up and running and a good clean and wax and Ill post some pictures of before and after.

If it was me I wouldnt buy it unless I was looking for a project car, even with my knowledge with these cars, seems to me that thing needs a lot of work. Yea it has a lot of mods, but has also been sitting outside for the past like 2 years it looks, and the whole engine turbo trans has been pulled out and apparently not put back together like it was before, hence the reason hes selling it as is. Not to mention the side skirts, mirko, and other things are not there. The paint probably isnt in the best shape sitting in the CA sun, just look at the headlights. The hood could have sun damage, interior as well if there was no windshield reflector thing used. Its up to you, but I think you would have a hell of a time finding someone to work on it unless they are charging you a good amount of $ for the labor.

We kind of agreed round $7k but it needs some work and of course I need to look at it in person and check on some things that morbid suggested. I think I'm deciding to tow it from LA to Vegas in my Hemi. It needs a new drivers side rocker panel. The exhaust is all cut up in pieces so that needs to be welded back together or clamped. Needs a new Turbo or I can have it rebuilt. Dose not come with any extra stuff like wheels, headlights etc. side markers were removed. I just hope when I stick my nose in the coolant reservoir that I don't smell exhaust.

Hopefully I get it up and running and a good clean and wax and Ill post some pictures of before and after.

I wouldn't pay $7k for it unless it came with everything and running properly. I understand there is a lot of aftermarket stuff on this car but all in all it's still a 12 yr old contour. It needs a lot of work it seems.

I wouldn't pay $7k for it unless it came with everything and running properly. I understand there is a lot of aftermarket stuff on this car but all in all it's still a 12 yr old contour. It needs a lot of work it seems.

I'm taking cash so with cash in hand I might be able to talk him down. He also said if I didn't buy it hes going to have his mechanic tear it down and part everything thing out. It sucks if he parts it out.

Back