Need a svt contour mechanic in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a svt contour mechanic in Las Vegas

I'm buying ryanblacksvt 3.0 Turbo and the new owner in LA said he thinks the turbo needs to be rebuilt. He says it links oil and blows a lot of smoke. So i need someone to work on it for me.

It also doesn't look like how I remember it. It's been sitting for 2 years. Here's some recent pictures. What would you guys pay for it???

Comment

how long before half the parts are posted in the classifieds?
      98 T Red SVT-Build # 1147
      2004 325XiT Wagon
      2012 VW CC Lux

Comment

Ill be in Barstow CA with the car while I work so if someone can come by there Ill pay for your services and the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacop420 View Post
          how long before half the parts are posted in the classifieds?
          Why would they be posted on craigslist?

Comment

2002 FOCUS SVT

Comment

Originally posted by AcGcSVT00 View Post
              I'm buying ryanblacksvt 3.0 Turbo and the new owner in LA said he thinks the turbo needs to be rebuilt. He says it links oil and blows a lot of smoke. So i need someone to work on it for me.

It also doesn't look like how I remember it. It's been sitting for 2 years. Here's some recent pictures. What would you guys pay for it???
              Ill be in Barstow CA with the car while I work so if someone can come by there Ill pay for your services and the gas.
              So you bought the car? Is it drivable? I'm also not clear about this thread... are you asking for a mechanic in Las Vegas, or in Barstow?

If the seller is saying the turbo is leaking, you might want to pull it soon and see if that's true... and that the oil isn't coming from more upstream than that -- the motor. If the only thing that's wrong is the turbo, then just pull it off when you get back to LV and get it rebuilt.

Also check all the vacuum lines to make sure they're intact, and well connected. You'll also want to open the coolant reservoir and make sure you can't smell exhaust. If you can smell it, then the oil is probably coming from the motor and not the turbo.... which you'll want to subtract the cost of a new motor then.
              morbid
              2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
              2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
              3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
              car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

Originally posted by morbid View Post
                So you bought the car? Is it drivable? I'm also not clear about this thread... are you asking for a mechanic in Las Vegas, or in Barstow?

If the seller is saying the turbo is leaking, you might want to pull it soon and see if that's true... and that the oil isn't coming from more upstream than that -- the motor. If the only thing that's wrong is the turbo, then just pull it off when you get back to LV and get it rebuilt.

Also check all the vacuum lines to make sure they're intact, and well connected. You'll also want to open the coolant reservoir and make sure you can't smell exhaust. If you can smell it, then the oil is probably coming from the motor and not the turbo.... which you'll want to subtract the cost of a new motor then.

I'm asking for a mechanic in either Barstow or Las Vegas. I wish you lived closer you sound like you know what to do. Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?

Comment

This is how It needs to be again.

Comment

you can make it look like that again, it just looks like its been sitting outside and hasnt been washed in about a year. Im sure steve has all the parts laying around for it too....side skirts, mirko, center caps, etc.

a good detail would bring it back to its former glory.

and my previous comment was related to the cars you have purchased in the past.....seems that you always sell the sought after parts off of them.
                    98 T Red SVT-Build # 1147
                    2004 325XiT Wagon
                    2012 VW CC Lux

Comment

I'm asking for a mechanic in either Barstow or Las Vegas. I wish you lived closer you sound like you know what to do. Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?
                      I just know what can happen on a boosted setup ;)

For the coolant reservoir, just take the lid off it and stick your nose close to the opening. If the motor was over boosted and/or over heated, the head gaskets could be damaged... which would leak oil and exhaust into the coolant. Potentially coolant out the exhaust too.

I suggested checking all the vacuum lines, since an open line, or a poorly secured line or plug... that could over boost and blow the motor.

Since this is a used setup, I was recommending you at least do those quick checks. The motor could be damaged... having a failing head gasket, and it would still be very drivable for a while.
                      morbid
                      2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
                      2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
                      3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
                      car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

There it goes
                        02 Cougar: Street driven track car. Full 3L w/ boltons, HMS trans, 6pt roll bar, weight reduction, built suspension, 13" Wilwoods, 8" w/ 245's
                        #4683: under the knife
                        07 GMC Sierra Classic: Duramax/Allison, loaded

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacop420 View Post
                          you can make it look like that again, it just looks like its been sitting outside and hasnt been washed in about a year. Im sure steve has all the parts laying around for it too....side skirts, mirko, center caps, etc.

a good detail would bring it back to its former glory.

and my previous comment was related to the cars you have purchased in the past.....seems that you always sell the sought after parts off of them.

I just had Adam's turbo car and sold the turbo kit and drove it N/A that's it. I had the low mile svt contour and sold it. than I had one after that but the motor blew after driving across country.

Comment

"Does it take long to look at the coolant reservoir?"
                            It's sad to see formerly great cars in such sad condition

Comment

Im not familiar with boosted setups other than BADSVT's I only helped with putting back together (a couple times). Ill look forward to seeing it in the Valley.
                              2000 Tropic Green SVT Contour #455 of 2150
                              Born Date: Nov. 19, 1999
                              Exhaust | Intake | ATS Complites | Pre-98 trunk w/ Lip Spoiler | A-pillar Gauges | Fidanza Shifter | Ground Control | Koni | Autovation | ED Splitter | Carbon Fiber EVO Hood

Comment

Working...
                              X