No announcement yet.

AZ: Phoenix meet 11/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahah, I'm thinking that I'll do it some time mid-December. But my car still won't be drivable until probably around January (hopefully). So maybe Chas will be the first to have them on and using them?

Things to do before my car is back on the road: I have to send out the tranny to be fixed (and change the final gear). Put these hubs+axles on. Get a new intercooler made. Fab up a new front shelf to support my new huge heat exchanger.

Oh, and figure out the Mustang throttlebody linkage. I cheated on my old 65mm one by just using the SVT shaft, but the 70mm t/b is too big for that shaft.

After all of that, I need a new boost controller (the old one seized) and install a vacuum solenoid that will let me switch between the wastegate spring (~4.5lbs) and the boost controller (~7lbs). Then get a new tune after all of that. Lots to do.... and I think I'm forgetting some things too.
    morbid
    2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
    2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
    3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
    car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

I'm glad you got the car moved. What was the secret to the steering linkage?

I think I'm going to get those parts ordered later this week - more incentive to get it done LOL
      98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
      98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

It was basically in place when you left, but the shaft was extended a little too far. So the rod off the rack is slightly triangular shaped, and the acute angle goes into the angle of the shaft bracket... with the 'gate' closing behind the wider end. But the tip of the rod has a slight lip to it and has to be at a certain place in the bracket for it to all fit together perfectly, so that the gate can close. It seemed straightforward after it was all done... but I wasn't about to take it apart to do again :D

Thanks again for your help... again! I'll try to remember to always push the ball joint cover down to make sure the ball joint is actually in the a-arm... that was weird!
        morbid
        2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
        2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
        3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
        car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

Originally posted by morbid View Post
          Thanks again for your help... again! I'll try to remember to always push the ball joint cover down to make sure the ball joint is actually in the a-arm... that was weird!
          your welcome :)

We almost made a low rider out of your SVT LoL
          98.5 Black SVT: Forged 3L•ADC turbo•Torsen•Fidanza•Morette headlights•Baer front•Milan rear•Koni Sport•Subframes•MSDS•SS 3" TruBendz Magnaflow•Samco
          98 SF LX: 3L•Torsen•Findanza•MSDS•Baer front•NPG rear•CAI & ShoShop•Koni Sport•Subframes•Borla•Samco

Comment

Working...
          X