• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L install May 10th-15th in Tucson

Sounds fun! I actually was in Tucson for a bit yesterday, as we went to the Titan missile museum.

I'm actually a part time employee of the Pima Air and Space Museum as a bartender, which runs the Titan missile museum, but I've never been :nonono:
One of these months I'll use my discount and make it down to Green Valley!

If anyone has a list of good junkyards in PHX that normally carry Contours, could you post/PM, just in case we need some parts? :laugh:

Oh, you'll probably need parts haha. When i did mine like 4 things broke just in the process. My suggestion is wait until you absolutely have to get the parts before you go in order to save yourself trips.

I've been to a few u-pull-it type yards in south phoenix. One of them had some older contours (an XR4Ti too)... the other 2 didn't have any. I can look it up if you're interested... I've also used a junk yard where they have the parts on shelves (Green something...).

That would be awesome. Julian is flying in late on Tuesday may 10th, so work will start Wednesday 11th. If we get done early, we will do some fun things like Tombstone, go to the shooting range, etc.

Car is up on jack stands and the hood, lights, bumper, etc. are pulled ready for Wednesday :D

I'll check with my wife, but I should still be good to go down there. If she needs her car that day, mind if I hitch a ride?

Chas, is there anything you need?

Ill be going on the 14th anyone wanna carpool or convoy there?
Awesome. Let me know what kind of food you guys like.

I'll check with my wife, but I should still be good to go down there. If she needs her car that day, mind if I hitch a ride?
Chas, is there anything you need?
I don't think so, I just picked up one of these so we're not dieing in the heat

CYC02rt.jpg

heheh cool. I have a big shop cooler in my garage too... but the extra humidity can suck.

True. If I had enough fluorescent lights in the garage, I could close the garage door, and would have purchased an AC unit. Unfortunately, $$$ and time forced my hand, so we have swamp cooling for now.

Chas, what time tomorrow morning are you going to be up and working on this? It looks like my only limitation is that I need to be back in Phoenix by 5:30 for a dinner party my wife conveniently just told me about. Also need your address.

We'll be up by 7am, and working till we're done, so stop on by whenever you can. I'll PM with address in just a bit

Back