• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

Hey... I'm in Phoenix. There's a FJ meet this friday night... I'm going to try to go, but I'd recommend their meets to everyelse here :)

cool ok, yeah i havent really talked to many people who have csvt's in az ive spotted one black one was it you ? i saw this black csvt early in the morning getting on the frontage road by the i-17 it was about a month ago at about 6;30 am i have also seen a red one over on 35th ave and bell

Hey man, good to see some new blood here in the Valley. Most of the active people also cross-post over on the Focus forums and/or the Cougar forums, feel free to sign up with either one.

Dezert Focus (what morbid referred to as "FJ") is www.focaljet.com (they don't mind non-Foci at all, in fact they enjoy us taking part in events with them).

The Cougar forums are at www.newcougar.org.

What color is your CSVT? I've seen a few around town but never had a chance to talk to any of them.

That black one most likely wasn't me. It might have been theSCHAFF. There used to be another black one somewhere near me, but I haven't seen it in a while. I wish I knew just how many CSVT's were in the Phoenix area. The only ones I ever see are the few at the meets.

COOL COOL good to talk to some csvt enthusiasts here in the valley !!!! as for me i own a silver one i have also seen a red one to and i think he was riding a around with his buddy that owned a green one

was more than likely me you saw getting on the i-17. i use that freeway all the time. keep an eye out for me. i'm always down to meet up and take a look / compare CSVT's. maybe make a day outa it and take care of some DIY mods :blackeye:

btw: pics for refferance
l_6cd02f2b9af93bec609b4413649777ce.jpg

yeah that looks like the black one i dont know if you spotted me i was right behind you im down to meet up with any local contour owners so if anyone is interested let it be known

Most of us mainly get together with the Focus guys. Those guys hold meets practically every weekend, and they're a cool group to hang out with anyways. If you sign up on FocalJet and look in the Dezert Focus section, you can keep track of whats going on with everyone and when the meets are.

For the record, I don't have a Contour, I have a 99 Cougar (obviously, lol). I'm actually in the process of doing a 3L swap into my Cougar, I'll be sure to let everyone know when I'm having a "car work" meet and you guys can come give a hand or just hang out and see how its done.

i know its kinda off topic but has anyone here bought or used the AEM Intake that sp motorsports because i just ordered one and i am kinda interested to here what other people thought about it

Garbage, I have there Short Ram System or what ever it is. To complicated, doesn't fit right on SVTs, and doesn't clear the hood, I have to smash it down every time I close my hood.

On the plus side its carb approved, and makes a good noise.

I think the intake tube (with the valve vent hoses and stuff) is nice because it's really short. I'm not sure of its dimensions though. The other parts to the kit... :shrug:

Nezer... what part of it is hitting the hood?

i have one that was on when i bought the car but it seems like someone made it so im buying the AEM i also ordered a taylor wireset as well as a lotek gauge pod and some gauges to go with it. would anyone here know what would be the easiest way to install a (mechanical) oil pressure and water temperture guage on csvt it would really help me out since i am planning on doing it this weekend !!

I had an SPMotorsports intake tube.. but I later replaced it with just a silicone hose.

Coolant temp gauge: Look under the throttlebody. You'll see a sensor screwed into the side of an aluminum coolant tube. The sensor that's there is for the OEM temp gauge. I bought a T and different sized fittings to keep my OEM gauge... but next time I have time, I'm going to pull the OEM sensor and T, and just install the aftermarket sensor there. Here are two options, and I would highly recommend the Ace hardware off 35th Ave & Beardsley... they have a HUGE selection of piping, which Home Depot and Lowes did not. I'm also assuming your aftermarket sensor is 1/2".
1) Get a 3/8 male -> 1/2 female adaptor and eliminate the OEM sensor.
-or-
2a) Get a T (1/2 female all around)
2b) a 3/8 male -> 3/8 male adapter (forgot the proper term), this connects the coolant pipe to the base of the T.
2c) a 3/8 female -> 1/2 male adapter, this connects the OEM sensor to one of the long sides of the T.
2d) the 1/2 aftermarket sensor will just screw into the other long side of the T.
Don't forget teflon tape on either of these options!

Oil pressure gauge: Seems that most people use a port behind the a/c compressor. I have a relocated oil filter and have temp and pressure sensors attached to the filter adapter base. I prefer the relocated filter.... and it was a piece of cake for the sensors.

Oh.... getting them through the firewall is a little more challenging. The best place I found, for 3 decent sized holes for the big grommets, was right above the fuse block under the dash. The holes will enter the engine bay right under/behind the cruise control module.

If you want, we could meet up so you can see what I'm talking about.

yeah if you want to meet up thats cool just PM me and ill give you the info i live around 35th ave and deer valley so i knew what you were talking about when you mentioned that ace store i live like a 1/8th of a mile away lol !

yeah that looks like the black one i dont know if you spotted me i was right behind you im down to meet up with any local contour owners so if anyone is interested let it be known

Yeah i knew i saw another CSVT, i was on my way to work. and i dont know if you saw me but once i got the green light (on the on ramp) i gave you a peace sign out my window, and took off down the free-way. i remember that now... 35th and Deervalley ? damn i live at 19th Ave and UnionHills your hella close. PM me sometime if you ever wanna g2g.

Back