• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

From the EGL to the SW!

Mac

CEG'er
Whats up everyone?

As the tittle says, i'm from the EGL and always have been, but in a little less than 2 weeks from today, i will be moving to Colorado, Highlands Ranch to be exact... anyways, i'm hoping that we can maybe setup a little mini meet sometime before winter hits so i can meet everyone and make some new friends!

i'm aware that there aren't that many CEG'ers in Colorado, but it seems to me that all of them are around the Denver area so it shouldn't be to far for anyone to travel to meet up..

i'm hoping that the SW is a little more up for meets that the EGL..

thanks guys and i hope to meet you all!

thanks, Mac

Welcome to Colorado! Me and a few other guys in Colorado have been talking about a meet. The problem is none of our cars are really running haha. SJon has a 3L cougar, me and csvtguy are working on our 3L now, and hoodwanka is starting to do one (not sure when). A meet would be great and I'll come meet you guys I just wont have my SVT running.

thanks man, well actually i'm not in colorado yet! i'm heading out on the 25th.. i will be driving my fresh 3L swapped SVT out there.. my SVT is actually getting the swap done right now... i wanted to do my own swap for the longest time, but ended up taking it to Reebs and having him do it since i don't have the time right now with everything goin on with packing, and all that stuff.. but even if none of your cars are running, i'd love to stop by one day and check out the swap and maybe help out if needed... i donno, i just wanted to see how many active members are in the denver/highlands rach area, and was hoping we could all get together every so often.... anyways, i guess once i get out there and settled in, i'll shoot one of you guys a PM and see about getting together or like i said before, stopping by to check out/help out on one of the 3L swaps you guys got goin on out tthere would be awsome!

+ making new friends is always a good thing right? :shrug: lol

-Drew

Yea man for sure I live in boulder which is like 45 min Northish of the dragstrip and highlands ranch is like right next to the dragstrip so I'm kinda far awy but the other guys will be pretty close to you. As long as the Maverick doesn't vapor lock I can meet up with you guys pretty much wherever.

I live right next to the skyscrapers, but pretty much grew up in highlands ranch, and im out there alllll the time chillin with friends/car buds. Pretty nice place to live, besides the cops! You will have to come cruise with us some time, some of my buddies have some pretty cool cars. I think mine is the only 3L that is completed, until I broke something the other day. Mine shouldn't be a hard fix but Ive got to focus on gettin rid of my csvt and get my jeep ready for the snow season, so the coug went back into the garage to sit while I save up for my winter project ive got planned for it. Hopefully next summer everyone will have their cars running and hopefully mine will have a goody from NPG completed. Anyways welcome to colorado and I look forward to meeting you. I have been on the forums for a couple years now and haven't seen really anyone in this area until like the past month, now theres like 8 of us.

WooHoo another Colorado SVT owner! Id love to do the cruise sometime before winter as well...won't be 3L status but I guess my valve tapping 2.5L will have to do! I'm in Thornton so pretty close to hylands ranch area. I'm sure it won't take too long for you to spot my car! Black hood, fenders, bumpers, deck lid and now windows (love tint!). Silver skirts, and steel blue everything else.
Anyways, welcome to colorado, and enjoy the snow!

just checkin in im also a denver svt owner and i would love to meet up and do a cruise even though my 3l project is still in the process i still have my silver 98 2.5 ready to roll

yeah i'm all settled and loving colorado already! Lets setup this meet/cruise, i'm up for something a little earlier like Noon, grab a bite and then cruise for a little while? lets gets this thing setup

I dont think much of us have our cars in running order. No one use A-1 transmissions here in denver because they didn't install my quaife correctly and they wont warranty it, so now my car sits in the garage until I can pull the motor out and fix it again. If I can get my car up and running soon I was hoping to get it out to high plains raceway this winter sometime since they have open track days for $90 during winter, would anyone else be interested in that? Anyways my car will be ready for cruising by spring time boosted or not.

My car is in working order for now, it needs to last till march with a stuck/tapping valve, and a trans that grinds 1st 2nd and 3rd. But a cruise would be great! Although I don't have a set schedual at work =/

im still sittin on a 3l build car but my other svt is ready to cruise whenever we are ready..

Back