• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Place to weld my SFC? (Phoenix / West Valley area)

Blast47

Veteran CEG'er
Just throwing this out there, but do you guys know of anyone you would recommend to weld up my sub frame connectors? They arrived so late (basically the Sat before the Monday when I left NY to move out here) that I couldn't have the muffler shop my friend works at do it before I moved out here.

Figured I would ask before just driving up to random muffler shops around here and haggling w/ ppl I don't know at all to weld these up. :blackeye:

Sorry I don't live out there to give a suggestion, but remember to have them done with the suspension loaded (drive-on lift) and that you may need to tweak the driver side exhaust around the tank.
If you're new to the area, maybe check a local car board or even look at the drag strip (NHRA races at a track in Phoenix) website for a chassis builder sponsor. A chassis builder would have now problem with these as would a shop that does custom exhaust work. Good luck, I love them on my car.
-J

I have a set on the way too so if you find a place that does great work LMK.

Oh Morbid I thought you said you had issus with the way MM welded your SFC.

Yeah... well 2 issues. One is that at one point they burned through, and the other was the exhaust hitting it. The 3" exhaust is off Greg's car, and I just had to have it adjusted. I eventually want to have the burned hole filled though. Other than that... it was really cheap and the connectors are identically mounted.

I only said they did pretty good work ;)

Conversely, I've also had exhaust work done at ADC. They are much more expensive than MM, but Keith's welder (can't remember his name) did some very beautiful seam welds.

Back