• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mexico peeps????

Veteran CEG'er
I may be passing through NM next month with the family. We may stay in Albuquerque or Santa Fe, unsure as of right now. I'm looking for any really interesting things to see or do in a day that we shouldn't miss. Also, the best parts of town to stay in and around. Don't want to stay in a ghetto motel.

If there's a better part of NM, I'm all ears. Trying to stay in the central to east side of NM since we're just passing through en route to Colorado.

Thanks.

In Albuquerque I would stay on the north end of town on I-25. If you stay down around I-25 and I-40 you can get some pretty ghetto hotels. In terms of things to do, you can take the tram up to the top of the mountains, really good to do right around sun set. There are tons of Mexican places to eat, and just all around good food places. I can provide you some names and links if that at all interests you.

Santa Fe is going to be a little more expensive, but there are some great shops and whatnot with in walking distance of the hotels around the square, which is where I would recommend staying if you can afford it. The thing to keep in mind about the difference between Santa Fe and ABQ is that Santa Fe is all about the arts (people sell what looks like finger paintings for thousands of dollars, and ABQ is like a big city with an old western mentality.) Both have their advantages and disadvantges. If you have kids ABQ might provide a little more entertainment, but if not go to Santa Fe and enjoy the scene. Hope this helps.

Thanks. How's "midtown" Albuquerque? We will probably just spend the night in Albuquerque en route to Santa Fe because Santa Fe seems pretty pricey as far as accomodations are concerned. And I'm guessing it's roughly an hour drive between the two?

Back