• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally back on the road!!

Here's the one I got from siliconeintakes.com. It's the 26x7x2 model... the 3.5" thick one probably would have been over kill, and restricted too much airflow. I still haven't put it on yet.

radiator_26x7x2_picture..jpg

Nice to hear you got your car finally back up and running with the Turbo man... You'll hafta swing by my house some day and let me check it out....

I also sold my Accord couple weeks ago too, so now i just got the Mazda truck for the time being.

Well... the car is running, but I haven't gotten a break. I think I finally have a tune that I can pass emissions with. I'm all out of legal temporary registration permits. My front passenger power window regulator broke last week (fixed a couple days ago).

Now I'm getting a squeal sound... I'm not yet sure if it's the tranny, clutch, or turbo. Along with that, I also have a "zzzzz" sound... almost like a blower whine. I think the two sounds are related... they're both coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. I'm also pretty sure it's tranny related as it only makes the sounds when I'm moving.

So right now, I'm only driving it when I know I can do a decent drive cycle... and end at my step-bros shop so I can scan it and see which sensors are still not ready. But I am hoping to pass emissions this week so I can get a permanent license plate again. What I fear is that the car will be parked for a while after that... until I have time to figure out what's making those noises.

Well... I was going to do a drive cycle this morning. I got about 10 mins out and then the tranny noises became significantly worse. I turned around and headed home, the car is off the road... again. I've been looking through craigslist for something cheap to drive in the mean time... I'll worry about fixing my car later.

It may not help my car get back on the road, but I'm happy none the less. I big beat up box arrived today... with a label displaying "DHL PAKET". It was the ST220 UIM I got off ebay Germany 5 weeks ago. I was starting to get a little worried... but I wasn't sure how long customs typically delays stuff.

Just an update... I picked up a white 1998 Volvo S70 5-speed today. It's the base model (no turbo)... but at least it should get decent gas mileage. Though the heater core went out on my way home. The dealer I bought it from said they'll fix it for free... it looks like a quick fix (~45mins) anyways.

I've been searching craigslist for about 6 weeks now. I was really wanting a Focus, but I needed something with 4 doors and a manual tranny. There aren't a whole lot like that on craigslist. Anyways, I was looking for something that I can drive until my Contour is running again... and then I'd continue driving the new car about 75% of the time. So gas mileage was important to offset the cost of an additional car... and lessen the impact of my current 13-15mpg (my right foot's fault :p).

Now that I'm mobile again, I can concentrate on other things... like getting Greg's car back together. After his car is gone, I'll be able to work on my car... starting with pulling the tranny. Though I did receive a 70mm TrickFlow throttlebody and have it bolted to my ST220 UIM... that's sitting on a shelf.

Back