Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Yeah those covers are weird. They didn't fit 100% I have to sand 2 of em down, so they are a really tight fit.

Leave a comment:

• morbid
    replied
    Looking good! Did you fill your jack point openings? If not, your covers fit really well.

Leave a comment:

• rexxdoggy
    replied
    I just bought 205/50s for the same reason, mad cheap. BFG g-force all seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    205/50R16, Tirerack had a killer deal back in late 09 on the GSd3 for $55 each. They were small but at that price I couldn't pass em up. Fun tire but not enough grip for autox.

Running the 225/50/16 Rs-3s now and they are heavenly

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic...el=Ventus+R-S3

Leave a comment:

• rexxdoggy
    replied
    What size tires are those?!

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Well I haven't posted any updates for a while, car is still running strong. I've put 16k on her now and runs like a top.

Ended breaking the St220 manifold got a crack in it from those thick gaskets and lack of bolt holes in the rear banks. Oh well.

Got her weight as well. 3123 with me in it. So about 2920 without and 1/2 a tank of gas.

Subframe connectors are the bees knees I love how it tightend up the rear of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Chas
    replied
    I just finished the NPG rears on my LX last week, and I too was surprised about how much grinding was necessary. Good tip on grinding the hub, as that is what I'll do if i ever need new rotors. I didn't have to grind the inside of the rotors, just sand them a bit to remove the flashing, but still, the hubs is easier.

The NPG rears made a huge difference, more than I was expecting, but I'm going to do the TCE rears for my SVT.

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Yeah abuse the out of it. I've had one for a while.

Leave a comment:

• morbid
    replied
    Those brakes look really good! It's cool to see how that car has evolved since you first got it. Do you have plans for an LSD?

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Originally posted by morbid View Post
    Ah weird. I was looking at NPG's site last night and saw their grinding warning for the rear kit.

Also, I came across some new Bosal muffler tip gaskets... as well as a bosal sticker while cleaning stuff out. The next time you're up on the north side, let me know.
    Cool, I'll have to come by sometime. Thanks again for the set up.

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Finally finnished, only took a few days. I hope the results are worth it but man next time I think I'd go for the TCE kit. The kits also act as spacers as well. The front and rears are spaced out quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• morbid
    replied
    Ah weird. I was looking at NPG's site last night and saw their grinding warning for the rear kit.

Also, I came across some new Bosal muffler tip gaskets... as well as a bosal sticker while cleaning stuff out. The next time you're up on the north side, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    I followed the directions, it says you have to grind the have the rotors turned. I'm not grinding them myself though.

BUT the instructions do say to grind down the drumb of the rotor to fit over the hub. But I just grinded a bit off the hub instead.

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/s...files/rear.zip

Fronts were painless to install.

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/s...iles/front.zip

Leave a comment:

• morbid
    replied
    Are you sure the bracket is on correctly... and that there's nothing wrong with the bracket? If you're grinding the rotors, they're going to end up unbalanced.

Leave a comment:

• Nezerconezer
    replied
    Thats exactly what it does. But the bracket just doesn't clear the knuckle or the splash sheild. Then the rotor doesn't clear the caliper bracket or hub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X