• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

Nezerconezer

Hard-core CEG'er
I called about the build number today for the T red.... 576. Built 5 days after the SF 564. 11-24-99 and 11-29-99 respectively.

P1010034.jpg

P1010041.jpg

P1010120.jpg

Keeping a tally for my memory, will update every now and again.

Car $1,000
Towing $0
BomZ Intake -$15
SVT intake cone -$15
Cup Holder -$20
Floor Mats -$45
Money found -$4.50
Recycling Ruined Chrome EO -$18.50
Debit gift card in arm rest -$18.00
ADR Cyphers -$371
LIM -$35
UIM-$125
IMRC Modual -$25
Cat Y/Flex Pipe -$40
Pre 98 console $65
Drivers side window $75
Gaskets $39
Tubular LCA $450
Headers $250
E-brake $32
Torsen Diff $590
DMD w/ tty bolt $65
Rear Mesh $30
F/R Poly roll resistor mounts $140
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch $540
Upgraded/new shift forks $55
New Battery $80
Engine 05 16k miles $541
Engine Installation + other mics $2,642
Fuel line addapter $125
Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Regulator $20
Alignment $62.00
Power steering hose $30
Xcal + Tune $500
Silver Star Lights $100
Paint $45.00
Nautilus CAI Pipe $150
Fidanza Flywheel $239
New leather boots and arm rest cover $43
Cup Holder $15
Hankook RS-2 $353
Cougar Steering Wheel $40
EGR $300
Sun Roof $25
GC and Koni adjustable struts $600
Jack point Covers $75
St220 Manifold $226
ST220 UIM addapter plate $120
Bosal Exhaust cat test pipe weapon r y pipe $300
Strut Mounts $75
SVT LUK Clutch $220
300/278 brakes $498
Rear Strut Bar $87
Jag 3.0 badge $20

Total for car $10,020.00

Things I've removed so far from the car. They are either broken or have no use for this car.
Sound system. Speakers, wireing, amp, amp bracket, power antanna and CD deck.
Windshield wiper assembly. Wiper motor, arms, liquid bottler holder, tubing.
Trunk interior. Cardboard carpet, sidewalls, spare tire, jack, tire iron, etc.
Car interior. Sunvisors, sunroof motor cover and lights, sunroof motor, floor mats, a pillar covers, roof liner
Engine bay. Stab-o-shock, hoodliner, air filter bracket.
Lighter then stock items. Headers, cat. 3L engine.

It cleaned up nicely!

They gave you the build info over the phone? When I called, they wanted me to fax my title to them. At that time, my lender had the title.... now that it's paid off (and they sent it back to me), I can't find it. I'll probably end up getting a new title from the DMV... but I still really want to know my build # and stuff.

It cleaned up nicely!

They gave you the build info over the phone? When I called, they wanted me to fax my title to them. At that time, my lender had the title.... now that it's paid off (and they sent it back to me), I can't find it. I'll probably end up getting a new title from the DMV... but I still really want to know my build # and stuff.

That's funny. I had no trouble with them giving it to me over the phone. All they needed was the VIN and that's it. Told me everything else.:shrug:

Justin has experience fixing the car after the alarm was ripped out. I know he had to splice lots of wires back together.

I hooked up a viper 791X (IIRC) in my CSVT, and it was pretty extensive in what it tapped into.

What are you having issues with? If you can take pics, I know I could help.

How is that $900 SVT coming along? Running?

Pfft no, the battery is dead, its charging now. Had a leaking cell, which corroded the hell out of the terminal till the cell dried out. So I filled it up with water and it started dripping out immediately. So once that POS is charged and I get the wiring finishedm I'll put some oil in her and start it up to see what happens.

Work continues on the car.

Purchased a few things

1 Crankshaft Gear $30.00 (F8RZ6306AA)
2 Guides $50.00 for the pair (F8RZ6K297AA F8RZ6K297BA)
2 Timing chains $125 for the pair (F6DZ6268CA)
2 Timing chain tensioner arms $65.00 (F6RZ6L253BA)
2 Timing chain tensioners $95.00 (F6DZ6L266BA)

And a NPG lower intake converter
As well as a new pre 98 center console

Put the stock intake together, had to clean it up a lot so dirty inside. Also tried to start the car.

The alarm went off immediately, and had to figure out how to disarm it. After that I tried cranking it over and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing, looked at the alarm instruction manual, it has a starter dis abler. YAY! Got to figure out if its messing with it. Also pushed the car in 5th gear to see if the engine was seized as the owner stated, its not. The engine turned back and forth no prob.

You should give me a call when your gonna play with it some more I bet i can figure out the starter disable especially if you have the manual.

Yeah I could use some help on some stuff. I usually work on it after 5pm if I'm not at work or have something I must attend. Unfortunatly I don't have your #. Shoot me a P.M.

Update, added to the total cost so far. Its going to cost me more then 3k before I even purchase an engine and trans. I'm getting behind on this project, as I wanted o pull the engine during winter break. Time to start selling some of the video game collection.

Also tried jumping the starter with a screw driver again nothing. You can hear the main solenoid click but that's it. Wonder if the starter is dead.

that's a good bet on the starter

I learned that you can pop a few things off and bag-n-lable the hardware randomly, and not have it eat up a lot of time at all. Then give it ample time to drain (you may even want to jack up the back, front, etc and let it sit that way for a bit to make sure close to every bit of fluid drains)
If you do all of that crap before hand, the actual engine/trans pulling can be..... somewhat fun.

IT STARTED!! But man did it sound bad. It has a spun bearing for sure. That clacking was loud. On the plus side everything else seemed fine trans shifted well, it stopped well, power steering. So now I can start taking apart the engine, wanted to make sure it was dead before disassembly.

Update guys. Decided to go with a 3L with 3L cams.
I'm deciding on what to do with the trans. There is one at precision auto with 3k miles for $500. Should I go for that one or have this one rebuilt. I don't have a lot of money for the trans just need it to work right. I'm looking to spend no more the $750 for a transmition, (excluding clutch and diff of course.)

Lastly I won't be able to swap out the engine trans myself. My parents won't allow it, so I have to have a shop do it. Any recommendations?

P1010019.jpg

Your $900 project can't touch my project (and now D.D.) Free SVT! :laugh:

J/k.... wish mine looked as good as yours. Seems like we need the same jackpoint covers. FSVT wheels look great!

Back