• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

P1010279.jpg

Heres a shot of the st220 installed.

I don't know. I can do it at any time, just havn't goten around to it.

Here some pics of how she looks today.

New SVTF rotors up front.

P1010280.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010283.jpg

P1010282.jpg

Working on installing the NPG rear kit today. Man I am amazed at the ammount of grinding needed to install these. You have to grind the rotors, the hub, the knuckle, the brackets, the splash guard.... Hell I'll pry have to shave my pads too!

Now I'm not suprised I'm the fourth owner of this set of brackets that were never installed before.

Yikes! I didn't know any mods needed to be done to install them. I thought it was like the TCE kit and just moved the caliper out more to allow a larger rotor.

Thats exactly what it does. But the bracket just doesn't clear the knuckle or the splash sheild. Then the rotor doesn't clear the caliper bracket or hub.

Are you sure the bracket is on correctly... and that there's nothing wrong with the bracket? If you're grinding the rotors, they're going to end up unbalanced.

Ah weird. I was looking at NPG's site last night and saw their grinding warning for the rear kit.

Also, I came across some new Bosal muffler tip gaskets... as well as a bosal sticker while cleaning stuff out. The next time you're up on the north side, let me know.

Finally finnished, only took a few days. I hope the results are worth it but man next time I think I'd go for the TCE kit. The kits also act as spacers as well. The front and rears are spaced out quite a bit.

P1010297.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010299.jpg

P1010302.jpg

Ah weird. I was looking at NPG's site last night and saw their grinding warning for the rear kit.

Also, I came across some new Bosal muffler tip gaskets... as well as a bosal sticker while cleaning stuff out. The next time you're up on the north side, let me know.

Cool, I'll have to come by sometime. Thanks again for the set up.

Those brakes look really good! It's cool to see how that car has evolved since you first got it. Do you have plans for an LSD?

I just finished the NPG rears on my LX last week, and I too was surprised about how much grinding was necessary. Good tip on grinding the hub, as that is what I'll do if i ever need new rotors. I didn't have to grind the inside of the rotors, just sand them a bit to remove the flashing, but still, the hubs is easier.

The NPG rears made a huge difference, more than I was expecting, but I'm going to do the TCE rears for my SVT.

Well I haven't posted any updates for a while, car is still running strong. I've put 16k on her now and runs like a top.

Ended breaking the St220 manifold got a crack in it from those thick gaskets and lack of bolt holes in the rear banks. Oh well.

Got her weight as well. 3123 with me in it. So about 2920 without and 1/2 a tank of gas.

Subframe connectors are the bees knees I love how it tightend up the rear of the car.

IMGP2914.jpg

IMGP1754.jpg

IMGP1756.jpg

Back