• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

Looks good Michael. My brothers shop is (finally) opening in a few weeks.... which is at 78th Ave & Deer Valley. I just spoke with him... he said he could do it, and will check on the pricing for just the swap. He's the only other person that I trust to work on my cars.

Sounds interesting, keep me posted Scott. Seventy eighth ave is stupid close to me, about a mile away. Heck the previous owner lived on 63rd and Deer Valley.

Well just finished ordering the last parts before the engine and trans. Hope I'm not missing anything. Once the clutch comes in I'll be getting ready for the install. I can't believe how long this has taken!

Not very long before I had Exdelayed come down with a flatbed to have it crushed :) I am a strong believer in the 3 strike program.....

Yeah. I had changed my mind on a few things, and purchased a few wrong parts. Oh well, a flash in the pan on this project.

Big woot today for selling those ADR cyphers that came with the car. So with that the total paid for the car itself drops below $500. The sad part is that the new clutch cost more then the car itself. Same goes for the diff too.

Even more of a deal! With the tranny... you'll probably also want to get the shorter final gears.

Nah I'm staying with the 4.06. I know the higher torque engine would like a lower gear, but I don't feel like it truly worth it. Its not like I'm going to have traction problems with my current set up.

Looking for SVT

Looking for SVT

I have a 2000 Blk/Tan SVT that is getting old. I would like to replace it but Ford doesn't offer anything I want. Does anyone know of a good used SVT either on the market or going on the market soon?

Engine purchased, got a very clean 05 with 16,000 miles. Cost a little bit more then I wanted to pay but whatever. Supposed to arrive at the shop this monday.

Well the car is finally getting the engine put in. Its over at Deer Valley Car Care, wish I took some pics as its a really nice shop. My side yard seems so empty right now. Heres the last pic of it right before she got picked up. Can't wait till its done.

P1010070-1.jpg

Like 8 months, it was there for a while. As for the tune, we have ADC locally so I could just go with them.

Got the car back yesterday. Still some work to do, but it looks like DVCC did a great job. Just have some vacume lines to work out, figgure out the throttle body, and wait for the fuel line addapter.

P1010089-1.jpg

P1010088-1.jpg

Looks good! I didn't get to see the 3L in it, but I saw the carnage precluding it :). If you need any help finishing it up, let me know.

I've never ridden in a 3L Contour.... when you have it running, I'd like a ride. All the local 3L's before left before I joined CEG... or at least before I was active in the local "scene".

Now my car is at DVCC, and I think the engine will be getting coming out tomorrow.

Hmm I didn't know there were ever any 3ls in AZ before. It maybe a while before even I get to drive it. I have to get it tuned first, then get it licenced.

It started! AND it moves! Drove it around the block tonight, so fun. The car is idling real nicely, I was expecting it to be rough.

A few problems. I can't shift very well into 1-3-5, so I think the shift cable is messed up. Second my new power steering pump is leaking like a sieve. I'll have to take the car to DVCC as they are the ones who ordered it and installed it.

Oh and the spec 3+ clutch is pretty grippy but not as bad as the other one I've driven. I'll get used to it in time.

Back