• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hey Colorado, engine is done!!

yamahaSHO

New CEG'er
It's been a year since I broke the motor, but it's done!

225912_645_full.jpg

img_6143.jpg

225912_636_full.jpg

225912_651_full.jpg

225912_635_full.jpg

225912_633_full.jpg

225912_580_full.jpg

225912_604_full.jpg

It'll be in the car this weekend!

Last edited:
That is BEAUTIFUL!!! :drool: Wish I was still around to take a peek in person. The s/c is going back on, right? Planning on pushing it a bit further?

Wow, cant wait until you get the final results from all the new work. Be sure to keep us updated!

Jason, I cross posted this thread. More comments here: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=1733

Thanks, I didn't think many would care enough to look at it... That's why I was showing the guys that have seen the car.

I did some more work on it today. I wanted to get it in today, but I decided to do the valve shims with it out of the car so it would be easier. It'll go in tomorrow!

225912_655_full.jpg

225912_656_full.jpg

225912_657_full.jpg

225912_654_full.jpg

Lookin good Jason! Been a while since I've seen that thing. Are you still running that white SHO as a beater? You going to track it, or semi-baby it?

Lookin good Jason! Been a while since I've seen that thing. Are you still running that white SHO as a beater? You going to track it, or semi-baby it?

I sold the white SHO about 4 months ago... Made about $1,000 off it in the end. I've got a 2002 Civic EX Coupe as my daily and it is stock!

I'm not sure how I'll drive the car. The power will get used, but I'm not sure how much track time it'll see. I definitely want to take it to Bandimere though!

EDIT: I should probably change my signature...

Last edited:
you don't by chance want to lend (rent) me a wideband for some cruising tuning do you? I am in Greeley/Ft Collins area.

Wow, again

Wow, again

I didn't notice when I posted "Wow" in the Taurus forum that you were also from Denver. I'm in the process of collecting info and parts to do the Hybrid 3L/SVT engine in reverse, putting SVT cams/heads into my Sable rather pulling a motor out of a Sable/Taurus for a Contour :laugh: and saw your great pictures again here. Looks superb.

I didn't notice when I posted "Wow" in the Taurus forum that you were also from Denver. I'm in the process of collecting info and parts to do the Hybrid 3L/SVT engine in reverse, putting SVT cams/heads into my Sable rather pulling a motor out of a Sable/Taurus for a Contour :laugh: and saw your great pictures again here. Looks superb.
I take it you're in CO? I'm curious to see your setup.

Yep, I'm in Denver. I've got a set of SVT cams on the way for my head conversion. I'd point you to my "garage" site on TCCA, but the site is down now due to some "drama" in the club hierarchy. Are there any SVT or SHO things going on in Denver, I'd love to bring the Franken-Sable.

-Bill/SableOHC

Back