• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

there is a small performance shop in town that i stopped at today and i was talking with the owner when he noticed my Dragon shirt. told him we go down the second week of October and he said at least some of them may be interested in joining us. there is probably about 11-12 of them that love going down. :cool:

WOW! Even if half of them showed up they'd have to put up a tent with some of the guys from xceedspeed or get a motel down at route 68 and I-75. I mean they could call and see what's left at Caney Creek or something in the area, but our weekend is the same weekend as Gold Rush and that's supposed to be pretty popular down there. They could find a place though and are more than welcome to run with us ofcoarse and hang out around the campfire too!

Randy, I know what your saying about the modding of the car earlier, but modding the garage, house and mancave will keep your mind on that and the car will always be there. When you say you want instant power, that would be a S/C'er for the S2000 and is why I think Lotus uses it for their cars, although the Lotus weighs about a ton, barely. Have you ever been in a Lotus?

Dan, keep us posted on those guys! At this rate, we might have more cars than Spring Zing, who would've thought!

Randy, I know what your saying about the modding of the car earlier, but modding the garage, house and mancave will keep your mind on that and the car will always be there. When you say you want instant power, that would be a S/C'er for the S2000 and is why I think Lotus uses it for their cars, although the Lotus weighs about a ton, barely. Have you ever been in a Lotus?

The superchargers available for the S2000 all build power as the revs climb. There really is no low end torque. Never been in a lotus. I should go test drive one!

I'd take the Lotus; without the cokewhores though. I would post pics of my new color, but my wife stole my memory card to go meet Betty White. WTF. :(

Hey, coke whores need love too!! HA!:laugh:

Wow, I haven't been on here in awhile, this thread has grown!!! I am getting pretty excited for the trip!! It will be nice to have my own car this year too! I am getting new brakes (rotors, pads, lines and fluid) put on next week Friday and she's running like a champ!! w00t!

Randy, the Lotus Elise would be the one I'd suggest because you'd be able to see out the back window, which makes it better for driving everyday. The inside is very spartan, no carpet but floormats are available. The steering wheel is small and has those little nubs telling you where to put your hands properly. If you look hard enough, you can even find them w/ crank windows and/or cloth seats. The S/C'er were standard in 08' and non-intercooled they make 218 hp and 156 ft/lbs of torque and I know that's on par with your car keep in mind the car weighs about 1975 lbs and is properly geared. 0-60 is under 5 seconds and if driven properly, can get a little over 30 mpg on the freeway. The downside is the inside, inparticular, getting in and out of it. There is a technique for getting in and out, I found that putting your right leg in first and just drop yourself in is the best way but getting out your going to want to put your butt up on the door sill (its actually the frame under there) and just slide out. It takes some practice but its no sweat once you know. There are a few options like the Touring Pak which gives you leather seats and door panels and an LSD but that's for hard-core track duty.

The Exige on the other hand is pretty much a race car for the street. Those are S/C'd and intercooled so the power goes up to 240 and torque too. You get adjustable suspesion and its quite a bit stiffer, plus the standard tires are pretty much for the track, well, unless you wanna replace them about 4 monthes or so. The Exige looks better IMO but you can't see out of the back window because the IC blocks it out, its there but useless. Actually the new Exige 260 has a black panel there now instead of a window.

Something else to think about is an older one that is N/A. Its "only" got 190 hp and about 135 ft/lbs of torque but its still about 1984 lbs, so its light and the car runs great. We had one last year for sale with only 6k on the clock and it was perfect and going for only $29k, new price was about $52k, quite a savings.

I'm sure your not bored with your car, but scratch the itch and check out a Lotus of your liking!

Randy, the Lotus Elise would be the one I'd suggest because you'd be able to see out the back window, which makes it better for driving everyday. The inside is very spartan, no carpet but floormats are available. The steering wheel is small and has those little nubs telling you where to put your hands properly. If you look hard enough, you can even find them w/ crank windows and/or cloth seats. The S/C'er were standard in 08' and non-intercooled they make 218 hp and 156 ft/lbs of torque and I know that's on par with your car keep in mind the car weighs about 1975 lbs and is properly geared. 0-60 is under 5 seconds and if driven properly, can get a little over 30 mpg on the freeway. The downside is the inside, inparticular, getting in and out of it. There is a technique for getting in and out, I found that putting your right leg in first and just drop yourself in is the best way but getting out your going to want to put your butt up on the door sill (its actually the frame under there) and just slide out. It takes some practice but its no sweat once you know. There are a few options like the Touring Pak which gives you leather seats and door panels and an LSD but that's for hard-core track duty.

The Exige on the other hand is pretty much a race car for the street. Those are S/C'd and intercooled so the power goes up to 240 and torque too. You get adjustable suspesion and its quite a bit stiffer, plus the standard tires are pretty much for the track, well, unless you wanna replace them about 4 monthes or so. The Exige looks better IMO but you can't see out of the back window because the IC blocks it out, its there but useless. Actually the new Exige 260 has a black panel there now instead of a window.

Something else to think about is an older one that is N/A. Its "only" got 190 hp and about 135 ft/lbs of torque but its still about 1984 lbs, so its light and the car runs great. We had one last year for sale with only 6k on the clock and it was perfect and going for only $29k, new price was about $52k, quite a savings.

I'm sure your not bored with your car, but scratch the itch and check out a Lotus of your liking!

I would love to get an elise, but the next car on our list is a VW Tiguan for the wife. It has the same 2.0T that the GTI has, and Billy is going to sell me the wheels he had on his R32. The ECU upgrade alone for that car would take the car from 212HP/224TQ to 254HP/297TQ.

My next car won't be for a while and it will most likely be the new CTS-V.

I would love to get an elise, but the next car on our list is a VW Tiguan for the wife. It has the same 2.0T that the GTI has, and Billy is going to sell me the wheels he had on his R32. The ECU upgrade alone for that car would take the car from 212HP/224TQ to 254HP/297TQ.

My next car won't be for a while and it will most likely be the new CTS-V.
My man Randy loves his torque! I agree!

Tiguan is a pretty nice ride and I'm sure it could use an upgrade in power for sure, afterall, its an SUV and probably weighs 4,000 lbs I bet.

A new CTS-V Randy, damn man, congrats on being sucessful:cool: The 4 door ZR1 is an awesome site on the road, personally I like it in silver and the stock rims are sweet, but I'd have them done in black chrome, that would look sharp! Now Randy, you do know they've got a coupe' version of that, right? Also a wagon version is coming as well, I know, choices, choices, choices, huh:shrug:

Anyways, I'm going back home the weekend of Sept 11th for my meeting with the xceedspeed guys, last years group as well as the noobs, so I'll let you know how that went when the time comes. Joe with the 240 did put that great post up on xceedspeed about the road not being a joke and your car better be up to the task, so between that and the meeting we should know who we really got going but I do know this, a couple of the guys have already rented a tent spot at Caney Creek so they're going, should be interesting to say the least.

Tiguan is a pretty nice ride and I'm sure it could use an upgrade in power for sure, afterall, its an SUV and probably weighs 4,000 lbs I bet.

A new CTS-V Randy, damn man, congrats on being sucessful:cool: The 4 door ZR1 is an awesome site on the road, personally I like it in silver and the stock rims are sweet, but I'd have them done in black chrome, that would look sharp! Now Randy, you do know they've got a coupe' version of that, right? Also a wagon version is coming as well, I know, choices, choices, choices, huh:shrug:

Anyways, I'm going back home the weekend of Sept 11th for my meeting with the xceedspeed guys, last years group as well as the noobs, so I'll let you know how that went when the time comes. Joe with the 240 did put that great post up on xceedspeed about the road not being a joke and your car better be up to the task, so between that and the meeting we should know who we really got going but I do know this, a couple of the guys have already rented a tent spot at Caney Creek so they're going, should be interesting to say the least.

The CTS-V isn't going to happen for a while. I have to wait for them to experience significant drops in value and pick one up certified used with the 6yr/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Oh how I love the resale value of American cars!

I just sent the people who run the Deal Gap website an email about our group this year. I know someone else has done this in the past, so if you still wanna do that its fine, but I just wanted to let everyone else know that I did.

Ummmmm!

Ummmmm!

http://www.moonshiner28.com/

This looks like alot of fun with alot of history too. I like how it was old route for moonshiners and its 103 miles right into S.C.:cool: Maybe you guys coming in early can check it out for us and give everyone a report. They say its got a 55 mph speed limit, so I'm not sure how tight the turns can really be, you know? I bet its fun nonetheless!

S2000 - New guy here

S2000 - New guy here

Alright. Rodger wanted me to post on here so I am! I will be attending the Dragon run this year for the first time. It was nice to find something like this to do in October. Most people are shutting down their cars ( at lest up north ) and ending the car season, but not me.

Little back ground on myself and the car:

I am Eathen and I am located in Michigan ( Muskegon ) I drive currently my 27th car being a '00 S2000. The cars engine is stock as I want it to be for this year. I have the car currently lowered on BlackWorks Full body adjustable coilovers, megan racing rear adjustable toe arms. The car is in the body shop right now getting a 2004 S2000 rear bumper and making my +20mm rims for the rear fit. The rear bumper was brought out and everything to make this happen using custom brackets I created.

I will be using my 2004 S2000 rims though that I just had professionally painted teal* as it is my favorite color. I also bought two new 245/40/17 tires for the rear, and I will be getting new tires for the front as well. The teal rims will also being getting spacers for the rear since my Gramlights are +20mm offset.

Here are some pics.

My new suspension is not in in these photos.
IMG_1999copy.jpg

IMG_2009copy.jpg

S2000004.jpg

S2000006.jpg

My new rims fro the rear of my car I will purchase the other two this winter.

Gramlightsforsale017.jpg

With them on the car, I rolled my own fenders, but the body shop is goign to do the rest.
S2000Rimsfedner025.jpg

Stock location of the outlet on the S2000 is in between the center console near your back, very dumb location. So I did a little work and some wiring and it is now near the passengers foot well, better location, thanks Honda =\

This si where I wanted it

Outletphotos003.jpg

And here it is done and finished, total time 1 hour, drilling wiring soddering, etc.

Outletphotos033.jpg

Rims are TEAL, they look blue, the camera is ••••ty! In the dark they look more blue, when the sunlight hits them they sparkle teal.

Wheelsteal002.jpg

So the new bumper is on the car with all brackets made. Off to the body shop!!!
s2000before079.jpg

Eathen, the car looks amazing, can't wait see the finished product but so far is nicely done:cool: Those custom rims are unbelievable, just like you told me they'd be in the pics this afternoon, WOW! We're eagerly awaiting those finished pics, as I'm sure you are too.

BTW guys, Eathen is driving down from Muskegon to attend our Dragon meet out on Woodward, a 3 hr drive to shot the breeze with some guys he's never met, sounds like our kinda guy to run the Dragon with if you ask me:shrug: I remember the days of a 45 minute drive to a meet being too.........ah, never mind, don't wanna go there:rolleyes:

Michael Jordan's other number of days to go!

The "other" cool road in my life....route 66

The "other" cool road in my life....route 66

img1282503816264.jpg

img1282503815428.jpg

img1282503816552.jpg

Just look at those coats of Klasse....only 13 so far this year, waaaaaay of the usual:shrug:
img1282503815950.jpg

There are some long straight aways out there, they run right along next to I-55 and let's just say the hamsters were working hard today out there!

Hector, you guys need to stop by on your way down to the Dragon and I can have one of the good pistons pulled out (and oil cleaned off) of the blown up engine for you to hang on the Tree of Shame.

I see you own a '93 VR4? I just got rid of my '93 VR4. Had 93,000 all stock minus OZ racing rims and a turbo timer. Awesome cars.

How do you know what # it was, this was my vin to it though, [FONT=&quot]JA3BN74KXPY025464

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

[/FONT]

I see you own a '93 VR4? I just got rid of my '93 VR4. Had 93,000 all stock minus OZ racing rims and a turbo timer. Awesome cars.

How do you know what # it was, this was my vin to it though, [FONT=&quot]JA3BN74KXPY025464

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/TealSupra92/IMG_0001.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/TealSupra92/IMG_0018.jpg
[/FONT]

the VIN decoder/3S story teller.
http://www.ypass.net/misc/3sinfo/story.php

mine has 220K miles (used by the original owner to go between Louisville and Atlanta, i bought it from him) and was completely stock. it now has engine/trans/front roll resistor solid poly mounts, vacuum reduction, MBC set to 10PSI, type-S BOV, glowshift gauges replaced the center gauges, aluminum y-pipe, DN pre-turbo pipes. I also just did the 120K service (timing belt/water pump/oil pump/plugs/wires, I also replaced the rod bearings while i was under there.

this is from when i was first looking at the car. strangely, i dont have any good pictures of the car since i have owned it. :crazy:
101_0723.jpg

WOW Dan you've done alot of work to that car to keep it on the road already, good job:cool: Its too bad you can't make it out with us this year, we'll miss yah out there for sure! I bet that car will rule the Skyway for sure=========================

BTW Dan, how about some new pics for us!

Hank Aaron and Reggie Jackson number of days to go!

The ECU upgrade alone for that car would take the car from 212HP/224TQ to 254HP/297TQ.

May I suggest the APR 93 octane program? If you get it around Christmas time you can usually get an extra program for free (I went with the "off" selection). Been happy as can be 25k+ miles with mine. Makes such a huge difference, especially on the freeway.

Back