• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Central Carolinas meet interest check (between NC/SC)

KAOS_3.0

Hard-core CEG'er
I live in Charlotte NC currently and I've seen more new members from the Carolinas signing up on here and wondering if anybody would be down for a local meet?

I'm thinking something central so the guys from up north (Raleigh ect) and the guys from down south (near the GA border) wouldnt have to drive further than a state to meet up.

this is obviously advantageous to me since I live in Charlotte, but if anybody has other suggestions for a good city to hold it in thats central to everybody that would be great.

I'd really like to see how some other 3l's run, as well as what some of the normal SVT's are like.

let me know what you guys think. the date is flexible, but I'm thinking mid july or so...

I'd really like to see....what some of the normal SVT's are like.

I'd be interested in a Charlotte area gathering of the Tours. My '98 E0 is about as "ordinary" as they come. The only components not from the factory are tires, battery, filters, wiper blades, rear brake pads, water pump and belts.

Don

sounds good man, any input on location? I hear Neck road is fun to drive on, and Harris Houston right by my house is a pretty fun little road too.

what area of charlotte are you from?

also, were's everybody else? I know I've mentioned this to quite a few people in PM.

i'm definatly interested in it. How much is the drag strip up that way? maybe lunch meet, cruise, and trip to the strip later.

IDK, never been. never been a big fan of gas pedal testing, plus I've got a glass diff with two teeth out.

I'd love to watch some race preped 3.0's run some 1/8 miles up at Mooresville though.

as far as the z-max 1/4 mile by LMS, IDK if they have run what ya brung days or not... I can check though

Just wanted to throw an invite out to you guys in the Carolina's to come on out to our Fall Dragon Run this year. I know its early, but if your having a meet its something to talk about. Tiger Balm has been coming out with us for years, talk to him and he'll clue you in on the details, we'd love to have a few more Tours out there, I mean, this is the CEG (Contour Enthusists Group), not the Car Enthusist Group, right?!

that would be awesome, if my suspension was up to the task and I had a hundred bucks for gas...

for now though I'd just like to meet some members and see what some of the other car on here are like for comparison

KOAS, start saving now, you can do it, we'd love to have you out. Getting a buddy or two to come out will help you save on the cabins which are anywhere from $20 to $60 a night, so its very affordable and as far as the suspension goes, is it really that bad?

july 6-8 ish ill be in NC. i can stay a extra day somewhere to hang out or meet up with someone for lunch/dinner. ill be in the L and not the csvt though

july 6-8 ish ill be in NC. i can stay a extra day somewhere to hang out or meet up with someone for lunch/dinner. ill be in the L and not the csvt though

sounds cool man, sucks you can't bring the vortec 3.0 though, that would be awsome to see in person. is your lightening mod'd?

KOAS, start saving now, you can do it, we'd love to have you out. Getting a buddy or two to come out will help you save on the cabins which are anywhere from $20 to $60 a night, so its very affordable and as far as the suspension goes, is it really that bad?

that does sound affordable, but right now I'm trying to scratch up $40 for spark plug wires. and yes, my suspension feels pretty nervous out back. I'm certain it needs bushings all around and ball joints up front and probably tie rod ends. I replaced the front sway bar links when I put the trans in, so they should be ok for a while. the chassis has 170+k on it and the only thing replaced when I got it were some monroe sense tracks as opposed to the OEM struts. I added koni springs and just replaced the front sway bar links, but I've got plenty of plans lining up for as soon as I get some income. I guess we'll see how my finances are when the dragon comes around, but right now I'd just like to get to see some of the other cars in person. when is the dragon this year?

you can always ride with me. I'll try not to scare you too bad :D

scoop me when you go to the dragon!

sounds cool man, sucks you can't bring the vortec 3.0 though, that would be awsome to see in person. is your lightening mod'd?

that does sound affordable, but right now I'm trying to scratch up $40 for spark plug wires. and yes, my suspension feels pretty nervous out back. I'm certain it needs bushings all around and ball joints up front and probably tie rod ends. I replaced the front sway bar links when I put the trans in, so they should be ok for a while. the chassis has 170+k on it and the only thing replaced when I got it were some monroe sense tracks as opposed to the OEM struts. I added koni springs and just replaced the front sway bar links, but I've got plenty of plans lining up for as soon as I get some income. I guess we'll see how my finances are when the dragon comes around, but right now I'd just like to get to see some of the other cars in person. when is the dragon this year?

you can always ride with me. I'll try not to scare you too bad :D

scoop me when you go to the dragon!

its a 2.5L vortech lol

yea the L has a few mods nothing big and snazzy. Punisher Valve Body, Steeda Intake and Bassani Catback. Sound System too.

i am game for a meeting, i live about an hour outside of Raleigh and if Charlotte is not good for people i am willing to travel a bit for a meet, just let me know!! and i just need to know two weeks in advanced so i can get off of work! i have been wanting to meet some fellow CEGers in the area for a wile now!!

The Dragon is officially Oct 7th thru the 10th.....come on out and check out the cars, heck, if you come on out to the cabin you might be able to ride with someone....if you like that sort of thing.

naw, I'd like to get my car done by then. I'd also like to be awarded a very large settlement on a frivolous lawsuit....

I highly doubt either of those things are going to happen any time soon and I'm almost out of elderly relatives....

Well we'd want your car to be 100% safe out there as well as everyone else would too, so do what you gotta do and we'll be here right up till the day before we head out in a couple monthes. This is already set up and stickied, I believe, so check in from time to time guys and see what's shakin'!

PM'd...

things have changed quite a bit for me just recently and IDK whats for sure, but my roomies rented the house out and we're going on a road trip for the summer...

we should be going through ATL and down to FL...

more to be announced

Back