• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*** official fl ceg decemebr meet ***

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Well since we are not counting Zorrex's vote, we now have a date.

WHEN: December 12-13, 2009
WHERE: Lake Wales / Kissimmee, FL
WHAT: Are you that dumb?

So here is the general plan...
We will meet in Lake Wales around 11 AM on Saturday, Decemeber 12th.
While in Lake Wales we will all be able to experiece "Spook Hill" where you can put your car in neutral at the base of the hill and have it ROLL UPHILL all by itself!
We will then go to lunch somewhere in Lake Wales (exactly where is TBD)
Then we willl cruise to Kissimmee on some back roads

In Kissimme we will meet up with others that didn't want to make the trip to Lake Wales.
We will go check into the hotel (again, still TBD) then hit up Old Town and Route 192 for some fun before Sam's starts mixing drinks back at the hotel.

Please note, this is "IN SEASON" as they call it, so expect to pay upwards of $100 for a hotel room.
Please work out roommate requests through PM's

The List

The List

Who is attending:

1. Brent372 / SVTFLEA (may be bringing the Fusion and not the SVT :cry: )

1. Brent372 / SVTFLEA (may be bringing the Fusion and not the SVT )
2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars

2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars
4. svttour/ GF

Ive run into a dead end with my turbo car and its issues. Im taking it to a shop on Wed.

2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars
4. svttour/ GF
5. KerryKool

1. Brent372 / SVTFLEA (should really bring the SVT )
2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars
4. svttour/ GF
5. KerryKool
6.Goumba

Can't bring the rally car because it won't be done. Sorry guys. Hopefully I'll be able to bring a ford at the least.

(should really bring the SVT )
No $$ for new brakes and to fix rims and buy tires before the meet. She isn't roadtrip worthy right now.

This is America we live in. Just make more money. Beat up some kids and take their lunch money. Scam some old folks into buyine a $300 dollar water softener for $1000. And when all else fails, fake an injury for insurance money. With my help you should now be able to bring the svt. You can thank me in December.

Offer to take care of some crazy religious people's pets after the end of the world in 2012. They'll pay you decently and up front. :shrug:

2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars
4. svttour/ GF
5. KerryKool
6.Goumba
7. KingpinSVT (shouldn't have a problem making it, will need some roomies)

2. FauxhawkFox
3. Pienstars
4. svttour/ GF
5. KerryKool
6. Goumba
7. KingpinSVT (shouldn't have a problem making it, will need some roomies)
8. Gulfcat & probably daughter

We ought to look out for a hotel in one of the coupon books & then call & see if they'll give a small pre-registering group the coupon rate. (A lot of the hotels have a limit on how many coupons they'll accept per day & we don't want to count on them too much. But if we choose a motel in multiple books we probably wouldn't have to worry about that.)
A couple of coupon books I've used that have online sites with Florida listings: RoomSaver.com and TravelCoupons.com

Yeah, we should.
Kim and I are having some financial difficulty and may not be able to make this meet though.
Is somebody interested in taking over the planning?

I'll check for rooms later if I can remember. I'm in a boring hospital right now and don't have anything else better to do.

Knights in Kissimmee has a room for only $28 with two beds. I can bring extra guns just in case the rate is low because of the neighborhood, but that's less than $20 a person after taxes and everything. What do yous say? Who's up for a little adventure?

Not that kind of adventure. I'd rather stay at a hotel in a decent area and where I don't have to worry about how clean stuff is. Yuck.

We'll be splitting rooms a few ways anyway. Even an $80 a night hotel isn't bad at all with 3-4 people in it.

Back