• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meh

Go read the hottest in hatch article in hatch new mexico. I agreement the current mini is bloated. My fiancée has the first gen with the Chrysler engine (how ironic right?) But the main defence of the st was for its tossability in corners. The st has hands down better handling dynamics.

I do like the crz though, especially the supercharged one with the bigger batteries and the videos game style " turbo boost" button, lol

The CRZ handled the Dragon great, especially with upgraded 17's, 1" wider wheels and a tire that was 30mm wider. I had a K&N typhoon and "mufflerless" exhaust, so that helped too and trust me, 122 hp needs all the help it can get, LOL! The only downside to the hybrid system is when the battery pack is depleated and you've gotta wait for it to charge back up, hitting the brakes would help and it was only an issue on the Skyway but my God was the car and Uber dog w/o battery assist:rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Would love to do a Dragon run at some point. Honestly will probably be at least 2016 before I could make it though since I'm taking a bunch of vacation next summer for a fishing trip with my Dad, uncles, and cousins. Are there any Contiques that still make the run? I'm looking to do a hybrid build and would love to run through some twisties. Anyone still open track in this area?

We actually have atleast 1 Contour coming out this year, so that's cool and would love to start getting more to come back out. The car is old enough now that its really unique when parked with other cars, its getting to that point already:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Why can't we swap a 3.5 again? It sure looks like a 3.0... is it the damn waterpump? Or does the engine not bolt to the mtx?

Also, off topic, but anyone know if you can pass northcarolina inspection with an airbag fault?

I dont care what speed they go, as long as its not in the fast lane holding up traffic. Not many people recognize the headlights yet so they kind of just do normal speeds.

Last edited:
Im already at 41k, its going to be a little while till that happens...hopefully.

Our fleet is getting rid of all the taurus' and going to the explorers. Were almost all phased out of CVPIs. The explorers are a lot of fun. AWD is always a good time.

Back