• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Could we be any more pathetic or apathetic??

ah you think this is bad on newcougar the same region was dead for 3 months straight. this region on this forum is a party house compared to that one.

the lonley cougar guy (me) would like to see a meet sometime so i can meet some of you guys, since there is hardely any cougars around.

We are just too spread out over this region. The only time that I have actually met another ceg'er was at spring zing last year and I don't even know if there was anyone else from this region there. Maybe the population growth in LA will help...maybe...

Maybe the population growth in LA will help...maybe...
Yeah, there's a meet there every day at work! :laugh:

I agree...this is a huge region, geographically. It does make it harder. I'm always up for something, but logisitically speaking a 3 hour drive is about the max to make it worthwhile, unless it's a two day event. I'd love to go to SZ this year, but it is two weeks before the BABE Rally. It's kind of hard to justify driving all the way there, then back, then back up to NYC all in two weeks time. :(

The only way that I was able to justify driving up for SZ06 was because I have a lot of family in that region of the country so I was able to plan a longer vacation and fit SZ in. Going that much further up into MI this year is pushing it for me though so it doesn't look promising. Plus the fact that I will be moving come June just goes to add another mark against the probability of a repeat showing for me. Too bad though as it looks like this year will be pretty good.

I would definitely like to arrange some sort of meet nearby. The last thing I did was meet a few people in Georgetown last summer for lunch. It's just a shame it's so nearly impossible to get a meet together in the S.C. Maybe I'll just set a date and time, throw it out there, and see if anyone shows up.

Ironically, the last two meets have been in two seperate states, and have included me and IRingTwyce. We're so dedicated we meet in whatever state we happen to live in!

Well, come June I will be in the DFW area so maybe something would be more feasible for me then. Right now I think that the closest members to me are about 250 miles away.

I will drop down 287 just north of you all the way to denton and then hit 380, 35, etc ( I might be able to find a new route from witchita falls though if there was any concrete reasoning behind it). The trip will actually be me moving down there in June so there should be a few preliminary trips before then. I tried to get some sort of response out of people when I came down there a few weeks back to play in the tournament in texas stadium but didn't even get a single reply. Oh well. I will let you know the next time that I head that way.

This section was pretty cool and very active when the Ultimate Topic thread was still around. Ever since that thread ended, I saw a big decrease in posting. Barely any movement now. On a side note, I would like to see more people from Texas or the Houston area.

Last edited:
This section was pretty cool and very active when the Ultimate Topic thread was still around. Ever since that thread ended, I saw a big decrease in posting. Barely any movement now. On a side note, I would like to see more people from Texas or the Houston area.

Spring cypress here

*cough* old farts always wanting meets *cough*

Oh hey! Didn't see you guys there!

I'd be down to go to the track again once I get my parts from Callaway installed! I'll be slightly more competitive this time*wink*

...of course Ray has raised the bar since last time as well!

Not to mention that "Ray" has since moved out of state, so I don't think you have to be worried about me showing up in Marion just to "whup up on ya"...

I had a baby. That's my excuse, that and the fact CEG has been blowing hard for a while. I'm waiting for the "Winds of Change" any idea on when that will be?

Back