• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

texas, your state sucks

Pimpalicious316

Hard-core CEG'er
it's hot and big. i drove 3 hours and i'm still in the state. that is insane.

on the up side, i am having a good time. landed friday evening at houston airport, made my way to some family in montgomery for the evening. left this morning for san antonio. hung out at riverwalk and the alamo (cool place!!!) all day. finally made it to a hotel room here in the san antonio area (where i am typing this).

tomorrow is sea world most of the day, and then back to montgomery in the evening. heading to galveston monday and going to be there monday night before heading back to montgomery tuesday. going to evant at some point in the week.

it's stupid hot and humid though. i mean seriously, i went outside at 8am and my glasses fogged up. wtf!? someone needs to turn the heat down in this state.

much love to all,
Andrew

Well, you haven't experienced the worst heat. It was super hot at times earlier this summer. It's getting a little better now that the season is changing soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have fun.

Last edited:
Should have come to Dallas. It's not humid like Houston and I believe at one point San Antonio was the sweatiest city in the US. Hi here tomorrow will be 89 and breezy! :)

Just wait til you get that humid salty air in Galveston!

A 3 hour drive in this state is nothing. 6 hours is common and the longest in state trip I had was around ten hours. It is actually close to the same distance from the top of Texas to the bottom of Texas as it is from the top to chicago.

Should have met up with me in San Antonio.
:nonono:

sorry ray, didn't even realize it was your stomping grounds :). i was more or less tied to the family though, as it was their van that we were in and driving around in.

spent the day in sea world, and it was a blast! got lots of cool photos from there.

currently back here at "home base" in montgomery. thank goodness i brought my sprint pcs wireless internet card. they don't even have dial up :eek:.

tomorrow we are headed to the galveston area. plan on stopping by Johnson Space Center along the way, aswell as a few other places on that route. spending the night in galveston before heading back here tuesday.

love all
andrew

it's hot and big. i drove 3 hours and i'm still in the state. that is insane.

on the up side, i am having a good time. landed friday evening at houston airport, made my way to some family in montgomery for the evening. left this morning for san antonio. hung out at riverwalk and the alamo (cool place!!!) all day. finally made it to a hotel room here in the san antonio area (where i am typing this).

tomorrow is sea world most of the day, and then back to montgomery in the evening. heading to galveston monday and going to be there monday night before heading back to montgomery tuesday. going to evant at some point in the week.

it's stupid hot and humid though. i mean seriously, i went outside at 8am and my glasses fogged up. wtf!? someone needs to turn the heat down in this state.

much love to all,
Andrew

Welcome to TEXAS!

quick update on my texas adventure:

monday we went down to galveston from montgomery and hit nasa along the way. very cool place (i enjoy science/space stuff :)).

tuesday we were in galveston (stayed monday night in the Hilton), and decided to see Moody Gardens. fantastic place, and got to see the Indianapolis penguins (we shipped ours to texas while the zoo remodels their living area). it was cool :). galveston was incredibly humid, but seeing the Gulf was amazing. being a midwesterner, i don't see big bodies of water often :)

left from galveston to go to kemah for the boardwalk. it was a nice place, but nothing too spectacular. crazy good hot dogs though!

left kemah and went back to "home base" in montgomery to my relative's home. stayed the night there tuesday and most of the day wednesday to "recover" from our adventures thus far.

now (thursday morning) we are on the road to evant. i am typing from the back of the Escape (horrid little suv type things) thanks to my Sprint PCS card. we just passed Texas A&M and college station, tx. i think they said it is about a 3.5 hour drive from here to evant, tx. gonna stay a couple hours up there (apparently we are going to see an old family friend...but i haven't seen him since i was 7 or 8), and head back to montgomery tonight.

not sure the plans for friday, but our plane leaves saturday evening to go back to indianapolis. this is a really fun state, and we (family) have decided to move down here in a couple years. real estate is CHEAP compared to similar areas in indianapolis area :). seems 2000 sqft 3/2/2 homes with large lots are going for 150-200K in this area, about 100K cheaper than the same thing up north.

hopefully see you guys in a couple years :)

<3,
andrew

Texas, your state apparently doesn't suck

Texas, your state apparently doesn't suck

Let me know when and where your thinking about moving and I'll hook you up with a realtor.

Bruce

real estate is CHEAP compared to similar areas in indianapolis area :). seems 2000 sqft 3/2/2 homes with large lots are going for 150-200K in this area, about 100K cheaper than the same thing up north.

...and here I thought the Indy area was cheap. 2003. Plainfield. 3 BR, 2 1/2 Bath, 3 car, bonus room, 2500 sq ft all for $157K. My 1800 square foot townhome was a lot more than that... and the 4 BR 2000 sq ft + basement, 2.5 BA, 3 car home I was specing out was almost $400K here.

when i was in SA met up Ray.super nice guy and still would love to drive back to texas and drop by.

yea, its always hot there. ifa glacier fell from space it would immediatley melt and evaporate

Back